Charity Euro Bike Trip - Anyone help ? Accomodation etc :-)

delboy009

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello chaps....

Been on here a little while now and have made some very good friends, albeit that I have only met a few. (Mainly purchasing bikes) ;) Would like to try and make a few more friends and any existing one's that can help would be mucho appreciated :D :D :D

What Im hoping to do quite soon is a ride through Europe. Im based in West Sussex, UK. Want to try and get a boat to France, train onto Belgium, Germany, Holland etc and any other European country's I can manage in a 10 day adventure :D

Im basically asking is there anyone out there in any European country's that are happy to and willing to put me up for the night and/or even doing a bit of riding with us, showing me the sights etc.... ;)

Ill be raising money for a local childrens cancer hospice - (Chestnut Tree House, in Worthing, West Sussex) via sponsorship etc, and ive a generous rich mate who's told me he'll give the charity £100 for every train ticket I bring home from a different country ;) Yeah... He's rich !!! Sounds to me like an adventure of a lifetime with an excellent cause close to my heart !!

Anyone who can help, please do let me know ;) Im looking to go around September time, providing I can get myself kitted out, organised etc, in time !! Will have to make time !!

I shall be using my current ride - White Boulder Defiant, which I have in the BOTM runnings currently :D Bit of a slap for it but it rides so nicely I trust it'll do just fine !!

Anyone who has been on such a trip or has any sound advice, its ALWAYS very much appreciated !! Never done anything like this before and im probably going to end up taking far too many spares, camelbaks, etc etc ..... :LOL:

Please please can anyone help ;)

Cheers Guys and Gals

Del

Wow, what a fantastic sounding trip, and a fantastic cause too. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sorry I can't help, being landlocked slap bang in the middle of the UK mainland, :cry: :cry: :cry:

GT-Steve":1g0wj3jo said:
Wow, what a fantastic sounding trip, and a fantastic cause too. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sorry I can't help, being landlocked slap bang in the middle of the UK mainland, :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ha ha .... Thats OK fella. Its nice just to hear that im doing a good thing which benefits myself (33 and not getting any younger ;) ) and more so, the childerns hospice which is just priceless to see them smiling. I did something once a while back which paid for them all to go out for the day to the cinema. Food, great seats etc.... Absolutely made my year. Very emotional however !!

Thanks again bud ;)

Del

Join www.warmshowers.org . Lots of links for places to go.

Skinny tyres. Bar ends, possibly inboard of the brake levers. And always, always carry luggage on your bike, not on your back. Rack and panniers or a big saddlebag all the way. 36 spoke wheels.

Or a trailer.

GT-Steve":1takcqru said:
Maybe I should get my white Klein built up and come join you for the adventure?? :cool: :cool:

Mate..... You would be more than welcome !! Although I feel this is something I should be doing alone, if someone offered, ide drag em along :LOL:

chris667":1nyoi38y said:
Join www.warmshowers.org . Lots of links for places to go.

Skinny tyres. Bar ends, possibly inboard of the brake levers. And always, always carry luggage on your bike, not on your back. Rack and panniers or a big saddlebag all the way. 36 spoke wheels.

Or a trailer.

Nice one chap... ;) Skinny tyres will of course be going on. Got some Schwalbe road tyres ready and waiting !! Panniers is a must I agree !! My local shop (Quest Adventure) will be kitting me out there !! Hoping for a little sponsorship ;) ha ha .....

Nobody willing to put me up for the night :( I dont smell or anything !! :LOL:

Come on guys, its for a well worthy cause !! Any country in any part of Europe :D :D :D

If you let me know dates I might be able to put you up in Germany, I live in a small village a couple of hours from Berlin, but I might be in the UK in September.

The German rail network is very good, and cycle friendly. There seems to be offers on European tickets at the minute, meaning from here you can travel to most other cities in neighbouring countries for 39 euros, and that includes overnight trains, so you can sleep and travel, leaving more time for sightseeing.

http://www.bahn.com/i/view/DEU/en/price ... ravel.shtm

delboy009":3do1yd6w said:
Nobody willing to put me up for the night :( I dont smell or anything !! :LOL:

Come on guys, its for a well worthy cause !! Any country in any part of
Europe :D :D :D

If you don't mind my smell :D I could probably arrange accommodation in Vienna.

Cheers, Peter

Back