Chainguards for 1x7s to stop the chain coming off??...

surely its as simple as sorting your chainline?

Play around with BB lengths, if its only going outside is your BB axle to short?

Well, the point of using a 1x7 is that there will always be more challenging chain lines, isn't it?
I mostly use the rear cog that is in the straightest position and one either side of it, but still have the problem.
I think the first step will be to get a unramped chain ring and then have a think what to do if the problem continues..
Good logical thinking about the axle lenght though..

I've got a truvativ adjustable chain device I bought for my GT I-drive but it doesn't fit.
it's bottom bracket mounted and the retention wheels can be positioned from 32 to 44 teeth , the arms can also be moved around the chainring to increase chain security.
The device is for a dual ring set up and the wheels float on pins but would be easy to position for a single ring.
I'll put a piccy up tomorrow if your interested , when I bought it of ebay I paid just short of £16 + post .If you think you could make use of it how about £15 posted?
3418134546_cfe3e510e1.jpg

I had a Truvativ Box Guide, easy to install and dead quite to, didn't even notice it riding. I have used many different guides but the Box guide is deff the best I reckon.

Back