Category X-Orange Formula.

Re:

See what you mean..... In some ways '88 is a tricky year, considering what was available for 89-90 drivetrain wise.

Personally I would love to rock it like its '89 and see this in black XT or Centaur :cool:

Re:

Campagolo off the table for this one, i might have just enough to cobble together another groupset, but i am almost finished a build with it.... :oops: thumbnail_IMG_3798 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Re:

I do really think Black components are the right option for it, but which way.... Neon, White..jpg A little Gold Leaf, For Good Measure..!.jpg Hand Built By Dave Yates.jpg

Last edited:
Hi mate,
Hope you had a good Xmas.

It's your bike, your build...

I suspect and you know this already, if you build it non-period correct, you won't be happy with it regardless of how much better it may look.

Personally, it's a Formula, you could have spec'd what you wanted depending on pocket depth and a forgiving other half....

Build it date correct with what was available at the time, if that means no black cranks.....no black cranks......

Helpful....lol.....
Andy

Re: Re:

sinnerman":1phr27xv said:
Ok Fellas, Im not going to lie, i have hit a bit of a brick wall, a mental block if you will.

My head tells me to build this with standard XT, period correct, of its time, functional and well just generally very good. but even this im in a tussle with my self over, for example, black XT cranks would look awesome, but to be proper, they weren't available until the following year, so should i simply stay with silver cranks and black rings.

My heart tells me to try something different, the name Formula was chosen, for the simple reason, you could have anything your heart desired, but in my head some of this im sure wouldn't be available here in 88.

I.E ... Scott Penderson U Brake and front Brake, IRD seatpost, Mavic Chainset, Mavic Hubs, Mavic rear mech Front Mech etc etc etc,

I have most of the XT to complete the build, the other option i guess will take some finding, XT has been done already,

All opinions gratefully received.

Cheers Fellas and thanks Andrew, hope you all had a great Christmas too.

Its one of those conundrums for me...., the frame warrants higher spec im sure, but is there anything wrong with plain old XT.

Re:

sinnerman":174qcxk7 said:
Andy T":174qcxk7 said:
Nope..........

is it not just a little tame...?

XT would be fine IMO.. but I can’t see beyond Campag the more I think about it.

According to mombat Euclid was officially launched at the end of ‘88 for the 1989 model year. Just sayin’ ;)

Back