Casio digital watches.

I've a Casio digital I bought in 1994, still going even though it's had a couple of batteries. I use it for timing starts racing my boat. 20 years of regular immersion in salt water and still going! Super build quality for a £30 watch.

Re:

I first had a Casio digital when I was about 8, and bought one of the early G-Shocks, but it wasn't the same - sold for a tidy profit though. Anyhow, I saw the F-91s on Amazon a couple of years ago and now wear the Millenium Falcon-coloured one all the time for cycling, when our lass hasn't borrowed it, that is. I remember when it arrived, I had to have a quick go at the old stopping the stopwatch on exactly one second game - hours of fun in the early 80s!

These calculator ones were snazzy too, but I'd moved on to a steel one with lcd hands/digital display by then - that was a shocker.

Jumpers for goalposts...

Re:

Big fan of Casio digitals. Currently gone posh with a B640WD, stainless steel and 50M water resist.

My first digital was a texas instruments with red LED that only stayed on while the button was pressed.

I had one of those, then I bought the first TI LCD that came out in about 1976?

Cost me about £50 at the time, which was a lot for a 13 year old.

I used to have to F91W until I lost it moving house. Wear the metal version of it (A163W) everyday.

There's loads of variants, even a gold one. Going to end up with them all eventually. Problem is they're somehow faked even more than Rolex.

Re:

ive just ordered this ...should be here in a week or so...only a 52 mm crown...a tad bigger than me seiko divers watch... not too shabby at 120 ish quid...

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 294
Back