Carrera karakoram

Oh wow. A Krakatoa was my first proper (?) off-road bike after being absolutely hooked for the next 40 years by a Raleigh Lizard as a Christmas present! Will you accept 2 kidneys and a emelle with mudguards for it??

Was the Krakatoa a 531 MTB tubed frame? I remember one such bike. Bitd carrera bikes used to be decent, great value for money frames with good components. Yes, they were Halfords own brand, but were their premium offering, unlike today. I remember very good mtbs and racing bikes that people were proud to own. I always fancied one of their e-stays.

Oh wow. A Krakatoa was my first proper (?) off-road bike after being absolutely hooked for the next 40 years by a Raleigh Lizard as a Christmas present! Will you accept 2 kidneys and a emelle with mudguards for it??
Just the one kidney will do.The frame is nearly perfect. lve more or less finished for now just need left hand lever and shifter now.

Attachments

• IMG_20231115_162254.jpg
    IMG_20231115_162254.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 2
Was the Krakatoa a 531 MTB tubed frame? I remember one such bike. Bitd carrera bikes used to be decent, great value for money frames with good components. Yes, they were Halfords own brand, but were their premium offering, unlike today. I remember very good mtbs and racing bikes that people were proud to own. I always fancied one of their e-stays.
It's cro mo frame. Very nearly perfect looks like it's been stored inside for 30 years. The wheels are in excellent condition now cleaned up. I've got most of the original bits so it can go back to standard. As an impoverished nurse l can't afford to mess about with the real top end stuff so this is ideal for me just great fun. Oh it weighs as much as a cow by the way

I may have one for sale :)

Back