Carlton Corinthian, c1955

That's turned out superbly. I love the fork colour scheme and the fade on the bands around the seat tube decal, very nice indeed.

I also like the fact you seem to keep changing your mind on equipment as the build progresses, I quite often do the same on my longer term builds.

allenh":2hid1m0x said:
That's turned out superbly. I love the fork colour scheme and the fade on the bands around the seat tube decal, very nice indeed.

I also like the fact you seem to keep changing your mind on equipment as the build progresses, I quite often do the same on my longer term builds.

Thanks.

Yes as things go on I change my mind and like to test out other parts that are avaialbe to me form my spares so to speak.

Out for a quick test ride a few days ago.

Attachments

• P2150763.JPG
    P2150763.JPG
    821.9 KB · Views: 256
  • P2150764.JPG
    P2150764.JPG
    691.3 KB · Views: 256
Managed to get the machine out for a proper ride last weekend

Attachments

• Corinthian 03_21.jpg
    Corinthian 03_21.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for documenting that build, great to sit down on a wet Sunday morning in Sydney, Australia and immerse myself in that!! Great job.

Hopefully looking at a possible Carlton (a little later than your Corinthian) that has Capella Lugs and hopefully a serial number to match......

At first glance I thought the lugs were Nervex Professional and so posted on here the other day as “Possible Holdsworth Bike” but soon was corrected that they were Carlton Capella’s. Will find out Monday morning regardless.

That is a beauty. Do you have a fixed gear Carlton, spokesmann?

Currently doing up my 1957 flyer for a fixie and just dropped 99 quid on an olive suede saddle - ouch. Naughty, but needed this colour as frame powdercoated in a reed green (RAL 6013) during lockdown.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
That is a beauty. Do you have a fixed gear Carlton, spokesmann?

Currently doing up my 1957 flyer for a fixie and just dropped 99 quid on an olive suede saddle - ouch. Naughty, but needed this colour as frame powdercoated in a reed green (RAL 6013) during lockdown.

s-l400.jpg
Hi, I dont have any fixies, I do have a number of machines that have flip flop hubs.

Back