Cannondale SM2000

NathanL":371rbsnx said:
I've been following this build, because I bought an SM2000 in 1989 when I was stationed on a submarine in Hawaii. It is still the bike that I ride, but over the years, I've replaced the stem and the seatpost, and they are no longer of any use to me. The original stem was a Cannondale 285 quill stem and the original seat post was a Ritchey Logic, and you are welcome to them if you are interested. I'll attach pictures.

I appreciate the offer. I actually to need to get a taller stem with a shorter reach for my ageing back.
This reminds me I must post up some photos since the bike is largely finished. Will get around to that in the next day or two.

Good to hear that you are making progress. I replaced the stem for the same reason...getting older and want to give my back a break. I replaced it with a SUNLITE Adjustable Quill Stem, 22.2 x 110 x 180mm, Black and really like it. I look forward to seeing the updated photos and best of luck!

Attachments

• SUNLITE Stem.jpg
    SUNLITE Stem.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 236
Hey have you had any luck finding a colour code for the blue in this bike?

Manufacturers rarely giveaway actual colour details, they probably assume people don't restore bikes. The best owners can do is find a close match either whatever satisfies as close-enough or if a professional paint supplier can sample match it with a high tech machine, then it's a custom mix.

Automotive paints are obviously useful as the range is vast. In this instance if you are referring to the blue at the rear end of this bike, taking into consideration the monitor I'm viewing on, the photography/lighting of the paint colour in question my suggestion would be Honda Arctic Blue pearl, B-507P (circa 2003)

Back