Cannondale M800 (Light Project)

122.5 will be too long for the crank in the picture, it looks like an M737 XT fitted.
It should be a 107mm length, though they may have fitted a 113mm if they needed to.

Best bet is to just look at what is fitted, if it is Shimano the length is stamped onto the axle just outside the shell. MM107 or LL113.

122.5 will be too long for the crank in the picture, it looks like an M737 XT fitted.
It should be a 107mm length, though they may have fitted a 113mm if they needed to.

Best bet is to just look at what is fitted, if it is Shimano the length is stamped onto the axle just outside the shell. MM107 or LL113.
Ahh, I was thinking about M730. For 737 shorter for sure.

Okies, progress! Cannondale Saeco (last project) now off the stand and the M800 Beast of the East frame is on it! Am running out of space, so the Saeco is now next to my bed. There is some oxidation (not much) on the M800 under some paint, I can work with that.

Attachments

• Seven M800.JPG
    Seven M800.JPG
    525.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Eight M800.JPG
    Eight M800.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Nine M800.JPG
    Nine M800.JPG
    447 KB · Views: 57
  • Ten M800.JPG
    Ten M800.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
A few places where under the paint oxidation has taken place, I will get the all the components removed and the forks, BB etc then see whats what. I did scrape the loose paint away from those area's to give me an idea on how far I need to go. There are no structural cracks and it is all cosmetic, am confident with proper preparation, under coat, paint with the proper code and a gloss clear over coat, along with a lot of wet n' dry I can resolve this.

Attachments

• Eleven.JPG
    Eleven.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Twelve.JPG
    Twelve.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Stripped the Shimano Deore LX M563 STI Shifters down completely, cleaned all components with GT85, then left all parts to soak in 80w-90 gear oil for 24 hours, on reassembly applied some Holts Blue Grease, they are functional however the right hand 3 speed lever is missing the seal on the underside, they call it a seal, though its just a cover to the gear mechanism. This "seal" cover will turn up, I have posted a message in the "Wanted" section on retrobike.

Attachments

• Thirteen.JPG
    Thirteen.JPG
    477.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Fourteen.JPG
    Fourteen.JPG
    495.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Maybe a little premature, some parts. I may go for a KMC chain in the end, we will see.

Attachments

• Seventeen.JPG
    Seventeen.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Eighteen.JPG
    Eighteen.JPG
    454.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Nineteen.JPG
    Nineteen.JPG
    481.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Twenty.JPG
    Twenty.JPG
    445.2 KB · Views: 27
I have been looking at Soma Fabrications to purchase a 27.2 lay back (offset) seat post (like the Ritchey or the Kalloy ones from the early 90's) and also Soma's 31.8 black seat clamp, their fabrications look fantastic, however I can only see one Soma distributer within the UK, if anyone out there have any experience on Soma products, I would love to hear from you? [removed link]

Last edited:
I've got some Soma bars (in the UK) - very nicely made and finished.

Are you thinking of using that M750 crank on this build?

Latest posts

Back