Cannondale M2000 1992 18"

Beta

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I used to have a Cannondale M2000 (model 1993) from 1993 till 2000, and I would love to have one of those again. BUT, I prefer the model from one year earlier. If possible as original as possible. So including Answer Atac, Answer Hyperlite, oldschool Deore XT, Ritchey cranks and brake levers, ...
Size 18".
Feel free to post bikes that are similar to this one: so Cannondale 3.0 frame in 18".
For your information: I'm from Belgium.
Thanks.

Greetz.

1991 SM1000 waxey matt black gunmetal graphics, It's just been powder coated in a waxey matt black, the finish isn't perfect in certain areas when you run your fingers over it, it feels a little rough.

Looks good though and only £60 + postage for the frame and forks.

Staf.

Attachments

• 26032010434.JPG
    26032010434.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,522
  • 26032010437.JPG
    26032010437.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,522
  • 26032010435.JPG
    26032010435.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,522
1" headset, right?
I prefer a complete bike, but if I change plans, I'll let you know. ;)

Edit:
Actually, it looks more like a 1"1/4. Sure this isn't a 1992 model? I believe all 1991 versions had a 1" headset.

Nahh deffinately '91 it's a 1" threaded pepperoni fork. As for the whole bike deal what components were you after? I could build it up for you if you like.

Staf.

RAFbikes":1rrh38cs said:
Nahh deffinately '91 it's a 1" threaded pepperoni fork. As for the whole bike deal what components were you after? I could build it up for you if you like.

Staf.

Something close to what I subscribed in the first post. ;)
What do you have?

lol ,give staf ten minutes he will be back with the exact bike you described and 6 different variations depending on budget,you just watch ;)

Well, out of that list I've got a NOS purple Answer ATAC that'd fit I do have XT components but mainly the 8speed variety I've got LX of that era and a hell of a lot of shiney bits but it depends whether you're desperate to have everything of the same period as most of my stuff is mid-late '90's at the end of the day if you want the frame and some of the parts I have and we put a wanted out for the rest of the parts to put it together I've got no problems building it for you.

Staf.

I'm looking for a low budget bike actually. I don't have the intention using it off road a lot. For that, I'm using my Taurine.
So some original parts are cool, but they don't have to be perfect.
I would use the bike more for daily traffic around here. So instead of buying some new low budget bike, I prefer some old more high end stuff. Something like the M2000 I used to have.
I prefer Deore XT from around '91-'93, but not at a high price.
Don't you have any list of parts?
Actually, I got more interested in buying something like this, 'cause I found a 1991 SE2000 in complete original condition at a low price. Even the tires on that bike are original. And it looks quite good too. Haven't seen it IRL though. If you want, I can give you the URL in PM. ;)

Ok buddy, I've found some cheap NOS irc mithos kevlar tyres and I have loads of parts, I'm half way through cataloging them but if you look at my levers link at the bottom and imagine that for each component I have as many or more you'll get the drift.

Staf.

I'm going to wait with this project. Maybe I'll find an original bike (incl. original paint) some day. ;)

Back