Cannondale content-is this bike still usable?

Would you ride this bike in it's current state?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
clockworkgazz":2d84zzjb said:
I suppose I could ride it with the scratch/crack marked, if there is any further developments then it is a crack and will need fixed. if it stays the same it might well be a scratch- is this too simple/foolhardy an approach?

thats what i would do.

fatfixie, not really sure what you mean by putting a hose clip round it- is that to keep it together if it fails?

That looks like a crack to me, but it's in an odd place as been said.

I'd mark it and ride it then check if it's growing (as has also been said).

Tizz dead. . .

Yes, generally loaded in compression, but as the tube is neither vertical and its going 'off plane' towards the seat junction, its got a compound load. This area will try and 'buckle' It will break here with catastrophic fast fracture very soon. :shock: :cry:

:shock: :shock:

strong words, you do have the air of one who knows what he is talking about- do you build frames elite?

elite504 has my vote :D

its deffo a crack . gone at the edge of the weld as opposed to along it due to it not being a true triangulation ( the added length of the chainstay puts the stress at the base of the seatstay )

could be reweleded but will likely look a bit ugly and itl always be a stressed area . a tube could be added to brace the seat and chainstays like a lot of frames have for the disc mount

depends how much the frame is worth to you

Latest posts

Back