Cannondale CAAD3 Team Saeco

heroin77":1f2ryiph said:
chouca":1f2ryiph said:
what a find! Just sold this frame for 100 €. And had to turn offers down...

3337336235373337.jpg

and i was the lucky buyer! :LOL:
hey chouca.

Hi,

good luck with your build...

Re:

Crazy at that price! very jealous. How could the owner not know what he had?
Here is mine, with Campa record, cinelly, tune.
The Coda Magic 900's are the best cranks to have from that era, much lighter and stiffer than the Campagnolo record for instance. Just be careful with the special double threaded crank-bolts, I have seen broken ones and very difficult to find them.
more info on the cranks:
http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vinta ... nkset.html
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215374

Attachments

• IMG_0708 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0708 (Small).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 5,511
  • IMG_0709 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0709 (Small).JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 5,510
  • 2007-06-18 001 004 (Small).JPG
    2007-06-18 001 004 (Small).JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 5,511
  • 2007-06-18 001 002 (Small).JPG
    2007-06-18 001 002 (Small).JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 5,511
  • 2007-06-18 001 001 (Small).JPG
    2007-06-18 001 001 (Small).JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 5,511
Re. those Spinergy RevX wheels. I raced on a pair in the 90s, when I was sponsored to use them, and was very competitive in road races. I weighed in at a featherweight 230lb and never had an issue, although I could make the rear one touch the brake blokes when sprinting. I still have them and use them for winter training 20 years later, although I am now 200lb.

Its funny - my co-worker bought one of those for his winter beater bike. There isn't a lot of love for old aluminum road bikes around here - even team livery ones like this.

True, but just look at the smooth welds, beautifully built frames handmade in the USA as the sticker on the frame says. Lovely

Re:

Greetings from aus. I think that they're a respected enough classic to hold their value. The performance of the frame is really good too. Nice and tight. Will post up my CAAD4 DA7700 when it's light.
Tony

Re:

I've had this bike for about eight years and done lots of miles on it. Less so lately due to riding my steels.
Original DA7700 group, Easton circuit wheels with gatorskins, Specialized adjustable angle stem, Selle SLR saddle, carbon post. Weighs in at 8.6 kg complete. 1999 frame build.

Re:

nice ones!
@Wytze that coda crank is sweet! been looking for one in 170mm AND reasonable price for ages, haha.

at first i bought chouca's frame as a replacement for mine. the bb_shell had the threads coming out and i was told it couldn't be helped. but fortunately enough for me the threads were pressed into the bb-shell and i was able to glue the whole thing back in.
so far it has held up pretty nicely.
i've never seen this on a cannondale before. maybe the previous owner stripped the threads and had new ones pressed in for repair?

anyway, i now have a second cad3 saeco frame which i'm probably gonna build up with da7700 this time.
i do have a time club straight leg carbon fork for this one here already.
just have to decide wether to thread it or keep it threadless with ahead stem. :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_4749.jpg
    IMG_4749.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 5,424
Re:

Autch - never sell a BB shell like that. Normally if the threads are gone I'd use a Mavic sealed cartridge BB. But that wouldn't help in this case.

Re: putting threading on an Ahead fork. I'd avoid that too. Why don't you use an Ahead stem?

Re:

Great looking bikes Wytze and Redrover! Still have some work left on mine, but seeing yours is great motivation to get it done. Been looking for a Cinelli Alter stem in red/yellow in case I have to cut the one that's stuck, but those are far between. One on ebay for three times what i paid for the bike :shock:

Re. those Spinergy RevX wheels. I raced on a pair in the 90s, when I was sponsored to use them, and was very competitive in road races. I weighed in at a featherweight 230lb and never had an issue, although I could make the rear one touch the brake blokes when sprinting. I still have them and use them for winter training 20 years later, although I am now 200lb.

Thank you for the insight. We are about the same weight, so that's reassuring.

Back