Can we be told in advance about BOTM?

Tazio":388xqma3 said:
Can we have a "jesus christ what the hell is that, none of the parts are period correct and none of the ano matches" month.

I'd like a month that I could enter something.

Or in short - the "My eyes, MY EYES!!" month. :-D

I think it works well as it is, but like the idea of broadening the spectrum of specials, or maybe even do an actual bike built for less than £###. Need to be real careful though as I have seen folk on here stating that a bike cost them nothing as they already had the bits, but they had to be paid for at some point.

[EDIT] Just thought, how about a BOTM for bikes built entirely from bits karma'd and then they all get sold off for charity afterwards?

development_cycle":mkf53u85 said:
[EDIT] Just thought, how about a BOTM for bikes built entirely from bits karma'd and then they all get sold off for charity afterwards?

I'd be entering the GT Chucker that I'm currently building then ;)

You all are killing me. "I have the best mediocre bike this month!" If you're so interested in being average as many of you appear to be, then why enter a contest to win :?:

ameybrook":15xk8eut said:
You all are killing me. "I have the best mediocre bike this month!" If you're so interested in being average as many of you appear to be, then why enter a contest to win :?:

So you're saying that the people who don't have the discretionary income to throw at the frame built by some guy who lives in a cabin in Marin, or don't have an in with the secret handshake group that only trades parts with each other shouldn't be allowed one month to have some fun? Rather shallow, I think.

FMJ":18lb2lrp said:
ameybrook":18lb2lrp said:

So you're saying that the people who don't have the discretionary income to throw at the frame built by some guy who lives in a cabin in Marin, or don't have an in with the secret handshake group that only trades parts with each other shouldn't be allowed one month to have some fun? Rather shallow, I think.

Ok, ok let's not let this turn into a bun fight guys. Hopefully all posts in this thread are meant in good humour :cool:

ameybrook":1axiiz6d said:

I actually find your remark quite offensive - I can't afford anything more than an "mediocre" bike at the moment.

It's got nothing to do with having an interest in being average. Some people can only afford "average". Some people can afford exotic, but decide to build "average"...

Why should people not be recognised for the time and effort they put into an "average" bike?

To me personally, I prefer to see and read about "average" bikes, because there's more of a likelihood that they'll get ridden, rather than just built and admired.

We_are_Stevo":37z5c5i1 said:
Second that...

...I have three builds ongoing so the incentive would be there to finish one before the others??

Rob; you forgot 'Anything bar FATs!' ;)

Oi ! trying to get one finished for an entry,probably next year !!

How about :

BOTM bikes now and previously owned by theredchili ;)

I may have a chance of winning then !

What I'm gathering from this discussion is that rather than striving to achieve better builds generated from friendly competition, you all want to tweak the rules so that "everyone can play." To me that sounds silly... what's the point of competing against someone if you've got your own personal finish line?

I'm not intending to offend anyone, but if you can't play because of [insert excuse here: money, time, ability], then maybe stay off the field?

Probably too harsh for some of you.

Latest posts

Back