Can we be told in advance about BOTM?

Drencrom":3v4ku42r said:
andrewl":3v4ku42r said:
Opinion only, but if entering a special BOTM is a prime motivator for finishing a build then it doesn't say much about the bike or the owners passion for it.

Totally agree, and I don't think it's harsh.

I would agree too, and no, I don't think it's harsh.

gump":3dmvwxd2 said:
I fully expect John to say he makes it up month by month, which is cool anyway!!

indeed! tis true

Indeed. There is no masterplan, we just decide when the previous poll ends.

Don't think there is anything wrong with using the contest as an incentive for finishing a build.

John":qkd7p51i said:
gump":qkd7p51i said:
I fully expect John to say he makes it up month by month, which is cool anyway!!

indeed! tis true

Indeed. There is no masterplan, we just decide when the previous poll ends.

Don't think there is anything wrong with using the contest as an incentive for finishing a build.

Another budget bike month could be cool. I think I'll always be "budget".
Or "bikes owned from new"
Or "500LX or below"
Or "anything but Kleins" ;-)
Or "pink Haro's" :-D ;-)

Second that...

...I have three builds ongoing so the incentive would be there to finish one before the others??

Rob; you forgot 'Anything bar FATs!' ;)

Rob Atkin":33c109dp said:
Another budget bike month could be cool.

You might not remember the mid-range special BoTM in which somebody entered a Merlin Newsboy (admittedly it was buillt with LX).

John":24svk5lh said:
Rob Atkin":24svk5lh said:
Another budget bike month could be cool.

You might not remember the mid-range special BoTM in which somebody entered a Merlin Newsboy (admittedly it was buillt with LX).

:shock:

I suppose some manufacturers mid-range is boutique to others!!

define budget build. ALL my builds have been within budget so far, I haven't even maxxed out one credit card yet... :LOL:

UNCLEJACK":1go1rucn said:
define budget build. ALL my builds have been within budget so far, I haven't even maxxed out one credit card yet... :LOL:

I think that's part of the entry rules - "one red credit card bill to be photographed as part of entry". ;) ;) ;)

Can we have a "jesus christ what the hell is that, none of the parts are period correct and none of the ano matches" month.

I'd like a month that I could enter something.

Just don't do a 'bikes owned from new' until I have had a chance to sort the forks on my Butler out :LOL:

Carl.

Back