Can anyone identify / date this Cannondale?

I’d say Killer V from 94/95. The decals look a bit too bold for original, so possibly it’s been repainted/redecaled. 95 Killer V900 had violet/black fade, can’t see from the photos if it’s the way in your frame. In any case, clean, sand and polish, it will look stunning again!

Last edited:
^^^ what he said. Definitely KillerV from <1994 as it has the extended dropouts. I dont remember there being a purple KV before 1995 and as said previously that was a purple/black fade that yours doesn't appear to be but difficult to tell from the photos. Decals definitely not original. Are you UK based as different countries often had different colours, although Cannondale liked to do mid-season updates which didn't appear in the brochures.

The frame was kindly karmad to me by adz313 of this parish, I believe it had done the rounds on here before so it's could be a UK market colour. There's no violet / black fade finish nor does it have the Cannondale trademark paint bubbling;). Finally, there's no "shadow" where decals have been removed. Together with the missing manufacturing date numbers it all adds to the fun.
I've collected almost everything to build it up as a (very) light single speed or maybe even a 1 X 10. Once I'm happy with how it rides I'll remove all of the components from the frame and have it powder coated in either Viper Red or Maco Blue with yellow decals. I'd like to have it in a polished finish but life's too short for that.
Thanks everyone for all of your help and advice I'll be shure to start a build thread once there's some progress.

Back