Business Cards

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Bumped onto a decent chap riding a real old marin[didnt catch which :roll: ]
But it seemed quite old,pointed him in the direction of the forum but whether he'll remember to visit/join is another matter
Then i thought,wouldnt it be a cool idea to have business cards advertising this Great site,you pass one to whoever you meet while riding, if they have a nice old bike[and is obviously being well looked after]
With a business card[or slip of paper rather]they are more likely to visit the site and not forget.
OK business cards cost money to print and thats money better spent
;) elsewhere.
Its really easy to design one on you computer then print it off on A4 say 12 cards from one A4 sheet,cut them up and keep them in your wallet or wherever
Hand them out to deserving souls :D

How about a competition? ,see who can create the nicest design that we can all copy and use

Up to the Mods of course,but a little advertising cant help ;) ,please tell me if im overstepping the bounds of my obsession :D

Easy solution: buy some stickers off here. They can handle getting wet as they're vinyl so are happy in a tool bag for ages.

Stick it to the stem of bikes you see that deserve it if the owner isn't around, or just give it to the person you're chatting to.

That's what I do

Agreed - a good idea.

have been in the process of getting some sort of hand out made for ages. Might re-ignite this in time for busy summer trails.

:cool:

Theres a nice Orange O2 chained up outside Aldgate tube that I may go sticker up at lunchtime.

Kestonian":tmrapp3k said:
Easy solution: buy some stickers off here. They can handle getting wet as they're vinyl so are happy in a tool bag for ages.

Stick it to the stem of bikes you see that deserve it if the owner isn't around, or just give it to the person you're chatting to.

That's what I do

Not that I mean to put you off, but I think you'd have to be careful with this. You don't want to go marking someone's stem.
If I had something I'd done up and I found someone had put a sticker on it, I might get annoyed.

chris667":br3v9nji said:
Kestonian":br3v9nji said:

That's what I do

Not that I mean to put you off, but I think you'd have to be careful with this. You don't want to go marking someone's stem.
If I had something I'd done up and I found someone had put a sticker on it, I might get annoyed.

Fair point - peel back a corner and just stick that.

Stickers would be a great guerrilla marketing, but better if they were 'low-tack' like post-it note sticky.

I really like the idea of 'stickering' bikes, could do books of stickers which have comments, in the shape of a speech mark, and the URL.

Comments could be:

"nice bike"
"suspension is for wimps"
"classic"
"steel is real"

A 'tent card' type thing could work too (a card with the fold at the top), and have a bit more on. Simply hook the card round a cable and it's attached to a bike, or hand them out as required. A bit more environmentally friendly than stickers too :)

Hows about printed plastic tags that "loop through them selves and lock off. I'll model one up so you can see what I mean. (tonight some time.)

Back