Burrington Combe - N Somerset

I had a little look at that on street view. It doesn't look anywhere near on the scale of burrington. I still wouldn't do it though, never really liked the whole saddle down over the back steep stuff.

Further up on the other side of the road from the gate that takes you to Black Rock and Velvet Bottom etc. there is a steep very technical rocky path. Have been down that? I've thought about it when running up and down there; thought about it and decided its not for me :LOL:

Yes, i have done that one, but its not very long - hardly worth the effort of getting up there. However, its a footpath & i tend to try to stick to the bridleways where possible.
Better accross the road from there. Theres a bridleway that goes up & up, very technical, rooty & rocky & very long. Only walked it so far & not sure if its do-able in winter. Just too slippy. However, it does follow along the top of Cheddar Gorge & all the way back down into Cheddar, so one for the future!

When are you thinking ?

If its a Sunday then I am probably game :cool: I Can put the word out if you want to see if any more are up for it

Yup, a Sunday would be great. Just want other peoples' opinions as to weather it can be done & the best route down.

Latest posts

Back