Bullseye cranks

Am I misunderstanding the picture?
You have the bolts to hold the spider to the arm (looks like a pace spider?).
Is the pen simply not pointing at the inner chainring bolt holes? For long series bolts that require spacers?

elite504":3gcp49pd said:
Am I misunderstanding the picture?
You have the bolts to hold the spider to the arm (looks like a pace spider?).
Is the pen simply not pointing at the inner chainring bolt holes? For long series bolts that require spacers?

Yes, exactly

I need only the long bolts for the inner chainring holes,

I will try with 1/4" UNF ( 28 TPI ) button head bolts as previously specified by " The Ken "

Thanks mates ;)

Standard chainring bolts are M8 x 0.75.

I can't see if the inner holes in the pictures are threaded or not. If they are you'll NEED M8 x 0.75 x LONG chainring bolts and spacers.
If it is not threaded, I suppose you could use whatever you want, but you need to make sure the chainring is concentric.
If you're building on a quality bit of kit such as bullseye's, I'd suggest doing it right would be a priority rather than "making do".
Spacers will be the harder thing to establish and find.
Any news on what the spider actually is?

Pace Spider....
file.php

The pace spider has the raised circle to push the chain line back with the wider BB, The normal version doesn't. I "think" the pace version also has countersunk bolts to fix it to the crank arm. It does look like the small chainring bolt holes are threaded though.

I've seen spacer and bolt packs come up occasionally on ebay - mainly USA but postage isn't bad.

I couldn't resist this when I saw it on eBay as it came with an original BB and keeper BUT the inner chainring bolts that it came with (see picture) do not fit the spider... As you can see in the other picture the pitch in the spider is coarser than the standard chainring bolt. I did a quick web search last night and couldn't find anything but my suspicion is that a TA bolt will fit but I'm not sure which one; any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4458.JPG
    IMG_4458.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_4450.JPG
    IMG_4450.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 353
Swede":14yzc4zk said:
I couldn't resist this when I saw it on eBay as it came with an original BB and keeper BUT the inner chainring bolts that it came with (see picture) do not fit the spider... As you can see in the other picture the pitch in the spider is coarser than the standard chainring bolt. I did a quick web search last night and couldn't find anything but my suspicion is that a TA bolt will fit but I'm not sure which one; any ideas?

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Bullseye :(

It should be 1/4" UNF ( 28 TPI ) , but I'm not 100% sure

I'm waiting for these type of bolts and after I will try ...

Back