Cyclone Cranks

dandy1

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
These came with the kona aha, not immaculate but obviously quite rare? They look cool but I'm tempted to run a different crankset.... Any idea what these are worth? Can't find anything to compare to!

I've got the bb, once I figure out how to remove it from the frame! The crank caps and bolts (albeit a little rusty)

Thanks

Attachments

• 20231127_154910.jpg
    20231127_154910.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231127_154924.jpg
    20231127_154924.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 13
I think they are rare due to the fact most swapped them out for something lighter.
I'm pretty sure the drive side had a habit of working lose due to the clamping design.
No idea of value I'm afraid.

Yeah that's what I've read. Bottom bracket is all removed now and the plan is to run a usa to euro converter and then standard bb and cranks. But could do with selling the original ones to fund it!

intersting, I have seen a lot of Cylcon cranks already, but all for BSA / square BBs

CPI Cyclone Ad aus Bike 1997.jpg
CPI Cyclone CNC CRANK SET.png

But it looks like yours are for a specific spline BB, or is that ISIS or Octalink (I) already?
Can you share a bit more details please?

In terms of value, other CPI Cyclone cranks are selling better than standard LX or XT cranks but not at a level like RF cranks, just to give you a rough idea.
I have bought a bit ago a Cyclone crankset (with squared BB) with OK-ish chain rings for 80€.

Attachments

• CPI Cyclone Hot Really am Wheeler Team 1996.jpg
    CPI Cyclone Hot Really am Wheeler Team 1996.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Good find.

Yes I believe they would be bmx cranks. They're off a kona aha which has a usa bb. I can grab some more pics at some point.

According to the kona catalogue:
Cyclone bmx-1511

My advice. Keep them. If you ever think of selling the frame, I guarantee the buyer will want the cranks as well.

My advice. Keep them. If you ever think of selling the frame, I guarantee the buyer will want the cranks as well.
It's what I'd like to do, but could do with the funds.. But then chances of finding another set if I did sell I'd imagine would be slim!

Back