BSA Shopper circa 1980's

:cool:

Quite impressed to see the attention you lavished on that shopper, looks like an A1 job too. Nice one!

Ooooo, just found this thread. I live in Urmston in SW Manchester, and the town centre bike racks are full of shoppers - BSA's and Raleigh 20's and the like - all still working hard for a living. It is good to see one that has had so much care lavished on it.

Good golly, totally forgot about that post.

Well the good news is that my Dad got the bike for his birthday, kind of pulled a face when i first gave it to him to be honest but since then he's used it countless times getting the paper and zipping around the town, he loves it, looks after it (tires, oil etc) and rides it when he can. In summer this can be a daily ride for a 73 year old! (ex Royal Marine Commando so fit as a fiddle still)

I see loads of the shoppers and Raleigh twenty's about all over the place, all unloved but all still working and used by people, a forgotten classic lol.

Lets see more shoppers and 20's on here!!!!

Nice. Ive got a thing for old shoppers too. My everyday bike is a rsw16, And im building a touring raleigh 20 with suspension fork.... :D

As said above, Nice to see someone doing this. Too many old shoppers end up dead...

That is SO damn clean!

I've also got a heavily patina'd '66 RSW-16 and a shopper that I've altered the frame a bit on to make it a tall riding Twenty clone, so it's a bit of an urban hack. Never sure if the small-wheeled stuff fits in on this forum so I've kept them to myself...

Oh my god, lots of people are 'coming out' about their shoppers, got a text from my dad today, happy as larry on his first ride of 2011, off to Sainsburys to get the paper and see what bargins are out there.

Cycling at its simplest, loved that i awoke the joy of cycling again...

Funny how i'm always on the look out for a shopper for myself too...

Love my airnimal but ohhh for the shopper

This is one of my daily hacks. (if its dry as its got no guards haha)

By no means a clean bike. But everything works as it should. Ive swapped the front brake out for a altenburger alloy one that doesnt flex as much as the raleigh one... And then fitted some Koolstop SUPRA2 pads to it... Stops on the dot now... Oh and the lights work on the dynamo now too :D
004-1.jpg

Oh and these.... Lol... The red rsw is sold now... And my grandparents are using the other two..

012-1.jpg

Brilliant. There's something about them that makes me want to try and somersault one down the skate park, preferably with a full load of groceries on the rack...

Lol, not an RSW you won't. Probably one of the heaviest bikes I've ever picked up. I think they're made out of old WW2 anti aircraft gun barrels or something :D

Sorry for the thread hijack, this is heading off topic.

Back