1993 GT RTS 2

Benmac

Old School Hero
I have for sale my 1993 GT RTS 2; 18"

Brief build / refurbishment thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=347488

As explained there this was to be "my" RTS having always wanted one. I planned to strip, paint or polish and rebuild with tarty bits. Then a very decent RTS 1 frame and alloy back end popped up that I couldn't pass up so that will now be "my" RTS. This one therefore needs to be sold but I couldn't just slap it together from the partial strip I had done and chuck it on ebay.

It's not original as it has been modded along the 23 years it's been around. It's far from mint but it all works nicely, it's all clean, no cracks, dents etc just the patina of age.

I've repainted the rear triangle (back to metal) as that was the worst part. Judy's have had a minor service, rear hub rebuilt as it was in a bad way (it's still pretty grumbly but does spin and has no play). New headset and new BB as the original headset was in a bad way and the BB was damaged when I had to cut the old chainset off thanks to stripped extractor threads. New bearings in the rocker.

Originally it would have been M560 LX equipped with various bits of GT OEM finishing kit and a Rock Shox Quadra 10 fork. Bits of that is still there but it's also had a few upgrades and swaps along the way, mostly by previous owners but a couple by me as a needs must exercise.

With all that in mind then it has had a total strip and rebuild so everything is greased, adjusted correctly, and nothing is seized!

Ready then for someone to enjoy as a rider or as a base for further improvement.

As I was going to do a more in depth job I got some replacement decals from Gil and I also had the paint matched by the local supplier and made up as a can. Those are all included in the sale.

As it stands then the spec is:

Frame 1993 GT RTS 2
Fork: Rock Shox Judy XC (sprung)

Headset: OZUS (modern cost effective replacement to replace dodgy old one)
Stem: ATAC alloy
Handlebar: Club Roost "go fast" in faded blue
Grips: Some cheapies I picked up somewhere

Brakes: Shimano LX M600 V
Brake Pads: Dunno
Brake Cables: Jagwire inners (mix of outers of what I had in the garage but all new)
Cantilever cable hangers: N/A
Brake Levers: Shimano LX M600 V levers
Bar Ends: N/A

Shifters: Shimano LX M560
Front Derailleur: LX M560
Rear Derailleur: LX M560
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire inners (mix of outers of what I had in the garage but all new)
Cassette: Shimano 7spd - not sure but it's not the proper CS-HG70
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Shimano STX FC-MC32
Crank Bolts: Halfords
Chainrings: Shimano STX 42-32-22
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: VK 73/113 (brand new replacament)
Pedals: LX M560 flats

Hub Skewers: Unknown turquoise anodised, maybe Tranz X
Rims: Mavic 231 front, Mavic SUP rear
Hubs: Shimano LX M560
Nipples: Unknown
Spokes: Unknown
Tyres: Tioga DH
Tubes: Unknown

Saddle: Fiz:ik Gobi
Seatpost: Unknown, assume GT OEM
Seatpost Binder: Unknown assume GT OEM with unknown turquoise QR

FEC3CA57-C09A-4523-B19C-2DF3DBF3AC42_zpsypn7k64y.jpg

143A55B4-1643-487A-97E4-48DED9D9ED27_zpsoyfiathb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Benmac75/C2F4D132-51AD-48A3-8DEF-D2337E602136_zpsfupwuj9r.jpg[/img

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Benmac75/A673B529-9989-43CA-9DC1-768296E583EE_zpstd2gizi8.jpg

19EF6950-2C93-47FE-81E8-C7D3455A2338_zps2eqx3e6c.jpg

I'm in Warrington. Collection is best for me (particularly with my iffy back). Happy to entertain a courier (have boxes to pack it) if buyer arranges and we can agree timings. I do travel about a bit, most often down to Berkshire so would consider delivery if convenient to me.

Price £300 o.n.o.

Re:

I'm really only after the frame and forks... But was worth a shot as payday today and the Mrs will make money dissappear quicker than me! Lol

Thanks for the offer but £150 is too low unfortunately.

At that price I'd be making a loss on what I paid for it let alone the work and the new bits that it has on it. I'll happily take an offer and I'm not looking to make any huge profit but neither do I want to be out of pocket.

Re: Re:

Sebmundingo":px9lcjn1 said:
I'm really only after the frame and forks... But was worth a shot as payday today and the Mrs will make money dissappear quicker than me! Lol

:D The eternal problem!

Re: Re:

Sebmundingo":39iynfz9 said:

So you're also married to my wife :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

Pmsl.... She would notice more than £150 had been spent.. It's very tempting to offer a little more.. But my bollocks wouldn't like it.. Lol

Back