Brake Boosters

xizang":2k8uu4l7 said:
dyna-ti":2k8uu4l7 said:
HANG ON
I posted up pics of my bike with Pauls boosters on it and NOBODY said they liked the look
NOW your all saying the opposite :(

[Insert emoticon for shakes head and grumbles]

It's because they were Paul's, nothing else, everyone hates them. Now if you had Halfrauds boosters it would get rave reviews :LOL:

Tektro - Paul's is just elitist...

;)

Can really see the benefit of them, especially on 'floppy' retro forks!

Used to have one on the front of a pair of Manitou 3's and it did a good job of improving the braks as well as improving the tracking/steering of the fork.

Think I'm going to put one on the rear of the Hei Hei as the flex with XTR parallel push brakes is very noticable

Neil G":xk5dryv5 said:
Think I'm going to put one on the rear of the Hei Hei as the flex with XTR parallel push brakes is very noticable

You want to see a rear end flex? Have a look at a Univega Alpina 506 with Maguras fitted. Remove the brace and then pull the brake. Watch, horrified as the brake bosses move almost 15 degrees from where they should be. Pull the brake again just to check your findings and then watch one of the bosses snap off! :shock: The manager where I worked wasn't happy that I managed to wreck a £1100 bike that had only been in the shop for a day! :LOL: :LOL:

Xesh":19xnfm3v said:
Neil G":19xnfm3v said:

You want to see a rear end flex? Have a look at a Univega Alpina 506 with Maguras fitted. Remove the brace and then pull the brake. Watch, horrified as the brake bosses move almost 15 degrees from where they should be. Pull the brake again just to check your findings and then watch one of the bosses snap off! :shock: The manager where I worked wasn't happy that I managed to wreck a £1100 bike that had only been in the shop for a day! :LOL: :LOL:

:shock: Had to have a giggle at that story....I can just imagine the managers face when you told him!

I've got an XT U-Brake ('89?) which has a built in booster plate. Haven't used it, but if I ever put my Rocky comp. back freewheeling I guess I might try it. Reckon it'd work any better than the Deore one?
(apologies for poor picture):

Attachments

• brakes.jpg
    brakes.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 913

Latest posts

Back