Boulder Defiant XC

Re: Boulder

Love em! Got this one from Jeff Archer.

NPocN3.jpg

Have another one that a monster frame. It will be resprayed soon as it not original. Probably going all black with a NOS RS1.

rY61zW.jpg

JpOGWh.jpg

Re:

this has been sitting idle for quite some time on the work stand near complete. would have been done long ago as i just swapped most parts off the Amp B2 build. but the frame oddity requiring a bottom pull got in the way of that, because of course i only had a few top pulls kicking around! :x needed black lx f.mech sourced, just waiting to receive it.

urgently need to have some vinyl decals cut to resupply my stock of Syncros stem/crank decals, so have to get my butt in gear to complete the reproductions to get done all in one batch.

i have the font matched but a few minor details are off compared to the original as seen. was going to try to ignore the difference and print them as is, but my OCD kicked in and so now i'll have to invest some time to alter it to match. :p

Attachments

• DSC05236.JPG
    DSC05236.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 905
  • DSC05234.JPG
    DSC05234.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 905
  • DSC05237.JPG
    DSC05237.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 905
Re:

Looking like a super classy build.

Any idea how much the frame weight? I'm curious if the "XC" designation meant it is built with a lighter weight tubeset or different geometry.

You're well ahead of me amigo. I had an unexpected Manitou jump into my stand and it's been a bit of a distraction. Your bike looks GREAT!!

Re: Re:

Mr.Toad":3acflfb5 said:
Looking like a super classy build.

Any idea how much the frame weight? I'm curious if the "XC" designation meant it is built with a lighter weight tubeset or different geometry.
doh! if only you had asked prior to me slapping parts on. would have put it on the scales. so, unfortunately no clue now. :(

Smithjss70":3acflfb5 said:
You're well ahead of me amigo. I had an unexpected Manitou jump into my stand and it's been a bit of a distraction. Your bike looks GREAT!!
sure your pair will be fabulous when you get to them! ;)

Black is the perfect colour! Here's my early Gazelle (Ser. #00077) ...

Attachments

• large_DSCF0546.JPG
    large_DSCF0546.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 842
Re:

I miss my Boulder. It transformed itself into a weekend in Paris which was more fun than any bike but still....

Attachments

• IMG_2546.JPG
    IMG_2546.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 795
Re:

finally got the f.mech i need. a bit of shop wear but NOS! :D big THX to Mr.Toad for helping me out. ;)

now the task off sorting out the awkward mounting and alignment to the frame. space is very tight, also looks like the shift cable rubs against the seat tube and part of the rear suspension. there's signs of this from previous owner. i'll put a piece of liner to prevent further rubbing.

also looks like i can't lower the f.mech too much or the swing arm on it will hit the pivot of the rear suspension when the cable is pulled. problem is currently set up is a compact Syncros chainset with 44t outer and 22t inner and i fear i won't get the f.mech low enough to accommodate the lower teeth count. i either have to replace with a 46t and 24t, or switch to another crankset. :(

Attachments

• DSC05284.JPG
    DSC05284.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 757
Back