1991 Boulder Bicycles Defiant bike thread

@racercarjohnny:
Congratulations! Your newest arrival, the Boulder Defiant looks awesome!
Also a big welcome to the small circle of:
Boulder Defiant & MTG Deluxe owners!! :D

I really appreciate the ride report and it is a great looking bike.

Refreshing to see some positive feedback regarding a full suspension vintage MTB. I have been spending too much time watching mainstream MTB channels on YT complaining on how horrible vintage MTBs ride and perform and how silly old tech are in comparison with modern "progressive" MTBs.

Last edited:
I really appreciate the ride report and it is a great looking bike.

Refreshing to see some positive feedback regarding a full suspension vintage MTB. I have been spending too much time watching mainstream MTB channels on YT complaining on how horrible vintage MTBs ride and perform and how silly old tech are in comparison with modern "progressive" MTBs.
You are welcome. It’s why I had to
install modern tires, as it’s capable on most trails. Certainly not in line with modern high line FS 29ers of today. But what amazes me about a bike like this Boulder is the guts/smarts/skills it took to design, build and paint them by hand. When I think back to 1987-90ish riding my new rigid diamondback Apex or Bridgestone MB1 and then a few years later seeing the performance jump to this Boulder, it blows my mind. Modern bikes have so much history to build on, so much better materials, shock components, wheels, tires, brakes, etc. but to me they’re not special like these old ones are.

Last edited:
Very nice bike.
Are you sure for 1991? Seems to be a later version with the Risse Racing Shocker insted of the Works Performance

IMG_6563.jpeg So nice here today had to take the Defiant out for a real ride. 90mins of muddy, wet grass trails. Not as good as handler or climber in the squishy stuff but still legendary going down hill. Caught a crazy sundown for these pics
img_6560-jpeg.816553

Attachments

• IMG_6560.jpeg
    IMG_6560.jpeg
    633.5 KB · Views: 50
Back