BoTM Novemember 09 Nominations - Mid Range Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
legrandefromage":1cj1gxyy said:
ape":1cj1gxyy said:
I'd love to see a old GT Karakoram, one of the older ones like the red and yellow with the black splatter effect paint entered in this, sure they were lx or lower, was my dream bike as a youngster
not an entry, just a pic of one I made earlier:
karakoram_switchblades_2_175.jpg
Why not enter it? Or don't you have it any more?

Looks perfect for the category.

Neil":3tbfn063 said:
legrandefromage":3tbfn063 said:
ape":3tbfn063 said:
I'd love to see a old GT Karakoram, one of the older ones like the red and yellow with the black splatter effect paint entered in this, sure they were lx or lower, was my dream bike as a youngster
not an entry, just a pic of one I made earlier:
karakoram_switchblades_2_175.jpg
Why not enter it? Or don't you have it any more?

Looks perfect for the category.

Who ever's got that now should enter it provided its within the rules of course, needs the matching stem though :p would get my vote though

Thought i would pop my Univega Alpina 5.5 on, although having just got back from a 25 mile ride its filthy and its too dark for any nice pics, anyway its a 1995 i think and has full STX RC ;)
Not enough Univegas about imho.

Attachments

• Ebay 022 (Small).jpg
    Ebay 022 (Small).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,301
  • Ebay 023 (Small).jpg
    Ebay 023 (Small).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,037
  • Ebay 021 (Small).jpg
    Ebay 021 (Small).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • Ebay 025 (Small).jpg
    Ebay 025 (Small).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,037
Re: 1992 Dave Yates Diabolo DX

mrkawasaki":12rz8q8j said:
Here's my newly assembled 09 winter hack - sure to be thrown out by the Exage fascists ;-) - however, it's collated from my parts bins, hence is in the spirit of Retrobike 'mid range' as far as I'm concerned ie. would not normally make a regular BoTM (if there is such a thing)!

Frame courtesy of Ed Orange, a weird mix of bi-ovalised and shaped Italian tubing with some fillet-o-fish thhrown in for good measure. Looking to throw on a rigid bladed fork at some point.

All DX gruppo BTW.

Mr K

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread to find that DX is out. Will there be an 'upper middle range BoTM' coming soon for the chattering classes??! ;-)

I wish that frame had fitted me - it was fabulous to look at :D

A good chance to throw my daily driver in. This is my beloved 1990 Giant Cadex 890i with a Shimano Deore DX/Sugino/Sakae mix.

Attachments

• 102_2045.JPG
    102_2045.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 102_2040.JPG
    102_2040.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 102_2039.JPG
    102_2039.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,254
Would have entered this:

DSCF5376.jpg

But as it now has Deore DX STi units and not the original 500LX ones it's out.

Carl.

It looks like entries might be thin on the ground this month, so I'll throw my 1970 Moulton Mk3 in again:

1970_moulton_mk3_196.jpg

Built in Nottingham after the Raleigh buyout, this was the last in the line of the original mass-produced "F-Frame" series of Moulton bikes, designed just after the Suez crisis as a better, petrol-free mode of transport for the common man. Think of it as a two-wheeled, human-powered Volkswagen, or a silent Vespa.

Gears are Sturmey Archer S5/2, cranks and bottom bracket are the original cottered steel Raleigh items. Is the Lepper Voyager saddle too posh? I hope the scruffy pipe-lagging on the rear rack wins me back some utilitarian cred.

drcarlos":1gjxghbq said:
Would have entered this:

DSCF5376.jpg

But as it now has Deore DX STi units and not the original 500LX ones it's out.

Carl.

:cool:

My friend rode one of these (same colour) BITD. His was upgraded quite heavily in the end, guess its final incarnation wouldn't have qualified either ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back