BotM August 2016 ** TITANIUM SPECIAL** nomination thread

Re:

Wadsy's 1993 DBR Axis Team Titanium

Build thread...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=326778

I had one of these 'bitd'...which I think may have been the 20" :shock: ...and after building 3 previous 18" versions (links in sig) which fit me fine I've ended up with a 16" which I prefer the look and handling of.

I wanted to build a light bike that functions well, hence ditching the Pauls canti set-up for M900 and the GS X-Rays for, again M900
:)

Highlights, for me include...

It's light...21lb :cool:

I built the wheels! :mrgreen: ...and they weigh about 1450g

I've tuned and done the long travel conversion to the Mag 21 SL Ti :)

And it rides lovely: fast, handles quick, nice ti feel but not flexy like some :cool:

Anyway, couple of pics out in the woods for a short pootle today...

IMG_6547 (2) by wadsy69, on Flickr
IMG_6545 (3) by wadsy69, on Flickr

Noka's 1993 GROVE INNOVATIONS TI

Sorry, there was no time in those days for a built up thread - only a documentation with photos!

here you'll find the album
http://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/70873?limit=60

I got this frame with a lot of paint chips and scratches - the pre-owner rode it in a very hard way - but i decide to show the history and the titanium ;) so i made only a paint polish and wax conserving.
For the built up i choose a mix of titan and matt black parts.
What i missed was the special Grove Ti fork and a Grove stem - because i wanted the classic Grove look!
So i choose the almost same looking Ritchey fork and a self built Grove stem. Ti bar, AC Ti seatpost in 27.4 with a Ritchey Logic Pro WCS Ti saddle, Ukai EX-17 rims with Ritchey Z-MAx HardDrive on Hügi compact hubs, CQP crank with Ritchey rings on a White Industries bb. Drive chain and brakes are with Suntour XC Pro and DiaCompe, XC Pro Pedals and at last Grab Ons !

The Grove Ti drives so fast and light - one of the best i ever rode! With the frame size of 20" and this setup it weights almost 22lbs

So, now enjoy...and the next painted Titanium please :cool:

cheers Norman

Re:

mauricer's 1991 Merlin Mountain

1986099-f0ay086tgcyh-9c47347f38347fba8dffd35bdc55df38-large.jpg

ti_pin_man":1ih61xv9 said:
Assuming I'm allowed more than one ...

Sorry, only one entry per member, per month

I'll let you remove whichever one you decide on (the Ibis is super sweet ;) )

My two favorite materials for vintage mountain bikes.

Any plans for a "composite" month that combine the two (or aluminum/steel, steel/carbon, etc.)?

/\ that would be perfect for my next project, a NOS Carbon-Ti frameset. :)
This month is a very great theme, love all the entries so far.
I hope I can get my GT Lightning ready before we get to the max entries.

Latest posts

Back