Wanted Bontrager Rims

benjabbi

Bontrager Fan
I recently got hit by a car on my Ti Lite which wrote off my rear Race Lite wheel. As the chances of finding a rim for that are minimal at best I'm looking at different options.
Does anyone have a set of excellent condition either BCX 1 and 2, Red/Blue dot or Mustang rims in 32h they'd be willing to let go of?
Thanks, Ben. 🙂

@slackboy thanks Matt. 👍
I got away okish scrapes and scratches mostly, bruised ribs is the worst part, still flipping hurts 2½ weeks later and from past experience will do for a couple more 😕 still, not dead and the bike was unscathed apart from the wheel and a slight tear in my stupidly expensive saddle, which bothers me more than the wheel and ribs if I'm honest. 😁

Ouch, sounds painful, bit cold have been a lot worse.

I guess the insurance company will get a suprise when you bill them for the damage!

@benjabbi - gosh sorry to hear about crash & injuries.

I have a Bontrager rim fairly well used (from a singlespeed wheel) - not sure of condition but happy to unbuild and send as karma if it is correct spec. ?

Have been recovering from broken ribs myself quite uncomfortable. Healing vibes to you.

PM if of interest.

Thanks @tangent 🙂
Ribs are a shitty one, can't do anything about it, hurts too much and for too long for such a little injury. Thankfully not broken this time for me, but been there before, hope you're getting better. 👍 😁
The Race Lite rim is 28h, asymmetric spoke holes and ceramic coated. Obviously the ceramic bit is not essential to get it working.
@Carge is very thankfully sorting me some rims to get some new wheels going. So repairing the Race Lite is something that can wait, the right rim is bound to appear eventually!

Thanks @tangent 🙂
Ribs are a shitty one, can't do anything about it, hurts too much and for too long for such a little injury. Thankfully not broken this time for me, but been there before, hope you're getting better. 👍 😁
The Race Lite rim is 28h, asymmetric spoke holes and ceramic coated. Obviously the ceramic bit is not essential to get it working.
@Carge is very thankfully sorting me some rims to get some new wheels going. So repairing the Race Lite is something that can wait, the right rim is bound to appear eventually!
Yes thanks - my raclite has been lifted onto the work stand recently and making some riding position alterations - getting close to starting riding again...
Without even looking I know my Weimnan / Bonty rim was not a 28h version.
Great you found the parts you need and recovering / rebuilding.

Back