Bontrager OR, 16in, 1990. intro and advice.

That's lovely - I'd swap that stem to a Bontrager one - and ride it (once you've swapped to rear tyre).
As an aside, don't be tempted to ride the trainer tyre on the road - the roller polishes the rubber and they then lack grip out on the road.

If you ride it and fall back in love - then maybe consider the respray?

if you are after new tyres , then these are modern interpretations of '90s tyres that would suit the bike well:

or for something a bit more spendy (and maybe a bit tight size wise)

or a panaracer do a reissued smoke/dart in amberwall.

although for general riding around , ground controls are hard to beat (and cheap)

if you are after new tyres , then these are modern interpretations of '90s tyres that would suit the bike well:

or for something a bit more spendy (and maybe a bit tight size wise)

or a panaracer do a reissued smoke/dart in amberwall.

although for general riding around , ground controls are hard to beat (and cheap)

Wow some expensive tyres there, thanks for the info.

You, my friend, are one very, very lucky boy!

You're going to love getting back on that.

And as all the experts in here have already identified, there's not much you'd need to do.

I'd definitely spend some cash on the cockpit (as other's have mentioned, a Salsa roller would be lovely, it won't come cheap, but when everything else you've already got in place is basically perfect, it'd be a sound investment in the long run) and the brakes, but other than fresh cables, chain and tires, you've not got much to do.

That post and those forks... Mmmmmm.
Hi pw_pw_la Do you know if there is any ref to made from the frame numbers? I also see a lot of talk of numbers on the inside of the drop outs being the frame numbers, but also saw a post by you saying these are just random numbers, are the frame numbers not under the BB ? thanks.

Definitely an early one looking at the spider.
I remember when I first found this site, back when I had a bit of money.😅
Try and resist the for sale section as long as you can.👊😂

Yes it does, sorry not sure what else your trying to say about that ?

Apologies, I wasn't very clear was I :LOL: @slackboy was a bit more thorough in his reply. I look forward to seeing your progress with this one

Back