Bob Jackson 1978

Old Ned":3t713wod said:
A slight hijack here but, to Johnny69, it is possible the 'track' forks are original. There was a fashion/trend towards using round forks on geared TT bikes at one time. No idea why though!

Hijack away !! Interesting to hear :cool:

I'm thinking mine was probably purchased as a TT frame ... Frame is 55 square and 120mm head tube would appear short to me ? My allegro from 80's is same size with 140mm head tube ..

Sure forks on mine are original as job card States all chrome oval fork :?:

Midlife":3fyawoq9 said:
True Old Ned. Here's a pic of my mid 70's Jackson TT bike with round track fork blades and a track fork crown. The track fork crown has been quite heavilly "lightened" by removing a lot of material and making it waisted................

10oh64j.jpg

Shaun

More pics of yours please :D

Not enough Bob pics on the site !!

Must get a Bob Jackson thread on the go unless we already have one ?

I thought they might be theirs. Not bought any before but they are always on my watch list for when I need new wheels.

Re:

Looks great - especially like the forks. Can't beat a black 'n' chrome bike eh ;) Have bookmarked the link for the wheelset for my first fixed build (sometime next year :LOL: ) Cheers!

Re: Re:

Mac_Mwnci":15u3t151 said:
Looks great - especially like the forks. Can't beat a black 'n' chrome bike eh ;) Have bookmarked the link for the wheelset for my first fixed build (sometime next year :LOL: ) Cheers!

Cheers... The black and chrome looks really classy :cool:

Took her out for a blast yesterday and what a wee flyer !! The short 70mm stem and narrowish bars make for razor sharp handling..

25mm tyres with 80psi rear 75 front combined with the zing of steel make for a super comfy ride too :cool:

Wheels really impress they have me doubting the "Get what you pay for adage" having put 2 years into a similar set without issue..

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Re:

That's more or less how I imagined mine looking as a fixed gear before sense prevailed and I built it up into a road bike. Must be loads of fun to ride eh. Will be updating my topic over the next few days. Fitted a compact. Hills everywhere! Oh, and just got a Rolls saddle in the post :p

Back