Bob Jackson 1978

Dave LLoyd Concept 90 doesn't count, the frame moved about so much when peddling that any braze ons would have pinged off.........:D:D

Shaun

Re: Re:

Mac_Mwnci":3ndgj3nz said:
Think the cool thing with a fixed gear build is that you're free to do what you want - more so than with a 'period' road build. The gold goes well with the decals and Reynolds badge. Showing my age but black/gold also makes me think 'Raleigh Gold Burners' in the 80s :)

I'd actually started collecting parts for my fixed build, Nitto track bars etc...which can only mean one thing down the line: Another bike!

Look forward to seeing how you get on...

The thought of buying some nice quality nitto/shiny stuff crossed my mind !! But as ever what starts out as a simple build can get bit ££££££££..

Strictly spares box build this one... Maybe ;)

Re:

Dave LLoyd Concept 90 doesn't count, the frame moved about so much when peddling that any braze ons would have pinged off.........:D:D

Shaun

:shock: Whaaaat! Don't say that I've spent a small fortune on my build! :LOL:

replies on my thread please

(sorry to hijack your topic Plus One)

spelling - thanks to Old Ned

Mac_Mwnci":2valtbuv said:

(sorry to highjack your topic Plus One)

Oh no please spend as much as you can I won't spoil your fun ... I'm very guilty in the overspending department when bikes are involved...

I positively encourage it :LOL:

Midlife":5a5t1en3 said:
Missing braze on's were fashionable in the early 70's , the manufacturers told us that it was so we could have the full campag ensemble of clips.

The other opinion was that given the petrol rationing / 3 day week etc the framebuilders could cut costs and still charge the same for the frame............

Shaun

I suspected it was a cost cutting/time saving thing too :cool:

Plus one":30jxk4o7 said:
Mac_Mwnci":30jxk4o7 said:

(sorry to highjack your topic Plus One)

Oh no please spend as much as you can I won't spoil your fun ... I'm very guilty in the overspending department when bikes are involved...

I positively encourage it :LOL:

No that was to Shaun...But I overspent - seriously. In fact I'm still trying to pay for it :LOL: pssst...wanna buy some Colnago forks? :cool:

A slight hijack here but, to Johnny69, it is possible the 'track' forks are original. There was a fashion/trend towards using round forks on geared TT bikes at one time. No idea why though!

True Old Ned. Here's a pic of my mid 70's Jackson TT bike with round track fork blades and a track fork crown. The track fork crown has been quite heavilly "lightened" by removing a lot of material and making it waisted................

10oh64j.jpg

Shaun

Back