BoTM Bike of The Month March 2023 - taking entries

Bike of The Month
GTTurbo's 1993 Orange Vitamin T.

After having my first try at BOTM last month with the repaint specials let's have another go this month with my barely used 93 Orange Vit T.

Link to the build, well more of a clean up, thread is here - https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1993-orange-vitamin-t.445196/

20220430_145557-jpg.625204

20220430_145529-jpg.625205

Arran's '93 Giant CFM 1:

Sorry about the 'sterile' images. This one hasn't been taken om any picturesque excursions...
The bike is completely original - catalogue spec, + a pair M535 SPDs

Link to 'Reader's Bike' thread

CFM1 1.jpg

Attachments

• CFM1 7.jpg
    CFM1 7.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Really? That's a strange stand to take. You would pick a rubbish bike over quality, solely based on an accessory? To me, that's akin to choosing a car based on the steering wheel cover
Well, you don't normally find rubbish in "bike of the month" contests. Since there are always two or three bikes I prefer , and I only vote bikes I'd ride (and I'd never, ever, ride a bike without clipless pedals, or, at least, toeclips) I never give my vote to bikes without them. Clipless pedals are not accessories. They, or, rather, their absence, affect any bike's performance dramatically. That is, for xc use, which is what I do.
Besides,in the case at issue, there are two Vit T's, so the vote is necessarily based on accessories. This said, I might go for the Curtlo.

Last edited:
Back