Bike of the month March 2020 - nomination thread

Re:

Pulled my finger out, given the worlds getting quiet, and bicycles are good for the soul.

Sinnermans- Lee Cooper-Sirius.

Some light reading and more pictures....
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=408542

Attachments

• HAND BUILT IN THE MIDLANDS..jpg
    HAND BUILT IN THE MIDLANDS..jpg
    203 KB · Views: 3,072
  • HAND BRAZED AND FILED..jpg
    HAND BRAZED AND FILED..jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 3,072
Re:

Well, that is a nice addition to the mix: congratulations! What a stellar paintjob :cool:
Would be curious to see what that looks like under blacklight :D

Saddle area looks kind of bulky to me, it almost seems to be tilting backwards in the second pic ;)

Re: Re:

Double-E F":2rohc1ou said:
Saddle area looks kind of bulky to me

Back in 1991 there wasn't that much choice. Before Selle Italia came with the Flite, all saddles were bulky.

40” inside leg?

WimVDD":2lky09kq said:
Double-E F":2lky09kq said:

Back in 1991 there wasn't that much choice. Before Selle Italia came with the Flite, all saddles were bulky.
Sure, I fully understand.
Guess that is part of the reason why I'm neither a period-correct, nor a catalogue-spec, kind of guy :LOL:

Double-E F":2pip5wsp said:
WimVDD":2pip5wsp said:
Double-E F":2pip5wsp said:

Sure, I fully understand.
Guess that is part of the reason why I'm neither a period-correct, nor a catalogue-spec, kind of guy :LOL:

That's why I choose for post '91 bikes. ;-)

OK, here's some more bulky saddles (allthough the bike is from the slim saddle era ;-) )

WimVDD's 1994 Breezer Thunder

I first bought the frameset in order to build a tourer bike (which I did, resulting in some very nice trips through the French and Swiss Alps). But after my second trip, I noticed it suffered more than I wanted from the humid Alpine conditions (and the fact I didn't always had the opportunity to wipe it dry) so I sent it to retirement.

I don't have a build thread yet (but will make one so I will keep it short here): I found my building inspiration in the 1994 Breezer catalog using a 7 speed LX groupset and Ritchey parts. Non catalog specific parts are era correct.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 4.pdf.html

Attachments

• Breezer_1994_2_LR.jpg
    Breezer_1994_2_LR.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3,007
  • Breezer_1994_1_LR.jpg
    Breezer_1994_1_LR.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 3,007
Re:

Hi!

Due to the unfortunate circumstances had some time to finish off my all time favorite this week. This is something I've been waiting/searching for a loooong time :) Take care guys!

Short project story here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=408741

Dami's 1997 Cannondale Super V 4000 DH

p5pb18435541.jpg

p5pb18435543.jpg

Back