Not open for further replies.
Re:

drystonepaul's 1993 Saracen Traverse Elite

93-Traverse-Elite-01.jpg

93-Traverse-Elite-03.jpg

Build thread here: --> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=315356

Re:

:oops:

Can a mod delete one of my duplicated pics please ?

Somehow doubled up on it :facepalm:

New Year, old duffer still ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

We are lucky enough to have bikes coming through our shop on a daily basis and are constantly working on builds so "underdog" might not be the best comp for us to enter.

I will gladly pull our entry if the moderators feel this isn't the month for us to enter but we still have never won the BoTM comp.... and maybe we never will. My goal over the last couple years was to do a build a month and this last month was no exception.

Out of all our builds this is the build I am the most proud of:

The Pro's Closet's 1983 Series III Breezer:

Build thread can be found HERE:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=296262

Breezer121214-1.jpg

Breezer121214-17.jpg

Are you that desparate to Win Botm, you Enter this...? about the only criteria its fits is you haven't won YET. :facepalm:

Under dog indeed. :roll:

sinnerman":2pspnd1m said:
Are you that desparate to Win Botm, you Enter this...? about the only criteria its fits is you haven't won YET. :facepalm:

Sinnerman, what a pleasant surprise.

I never enter our builds with the expectation of winning. I have entered a bike every month for the last two years because I love building bikes and by now I am pretty comfortable with the idea of not winning... this month is no exception.

I am very proud of this build and I didn't want to wait another month to enter it... I am confident this bike could hold its own in any BOTM competition it qualified for.

theproscloset":1lyqtpbs said:
sinnerman":1lyqtpbs said:

I never enter our builds with the expectation of winning. I have entered a bike every month for the last two years because I love building bikes and by now I am pretty comfortable with the idea of not winning... this month is no exception.

I am very proud of this build and I didn't want to wait another month to enter it... I am confident this bike could hold its own in any BOTM competition it qualified for.

Im sure if I bought a bike from someones extensive private collection and fettled it, I too would be very proud, especially one worth say $10,000 built by a founding father of mountain bikes.

I too would even pay a professional photographer to capture the moment. It really is that good.

Hence my point and Original Post.

sinnerman":2i2g02sv said:
theproscloset":2i2g02sv said:
sinnerman":2i2g02sv said:

Im sure if I bought a bike from someones extensive private collection and fettled it, I too would be very proud, especially one worth say $10,000 built by a founding father of mountain bikes.

I too would even pay a professional photographer to capture the moment. It really is that good.

Hence my point and Original Post.

Sinnerman, I am not sure where you are coming up with that story. If you read our build thread you will see that this frame was saved from the metal recycling plant and moments away from being lost forever. This bike didn't come from someone's private collection.

Here is a photo from where the bike was originally found:

JoeBreezeB83-435.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back