Bike of The Month Dec 2013 Christmas Special - Nominations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bike of The Month Dec 2013 Christmas Special - Nominatio

go4eliz":oism6bo4 said:
I am new here but trying to understand the difference Photo of the month and bike of the month... all of these seem like "photos" of the month? I can barely see a bike in half of these photos. I want to seem some bikes not some crappy photos with "bikes" barely in them. Talk to me?

Hope that didn't come across wrong... I'm being kind of sarcastic but kind of serious....

go4eliz":3r47tiqs said:
go4eliz":3r47tiqs said:
I am new here but trying to understand the difference Photo of the month and bike of the month... all of these seem like "photos" of the month? I can barely see a bike in half of these photos. I want to seem some bikes not some crappy photos with "bikes" barely in them. Talk to me?

Hope that didn't come across wrong... I'm being kind of sarcastic but kind of serious....

so far you are right. I want to see some good photos of the green klein.

go4eliz":14tv1cth said:

I'm also having some problems with these 'special' Special Months BOTM.. It HAS to be about the bike... :? :?

Seems like that would make more sense. This looks like two photo competitions. I came here to see some sweat equity. Bikes, bikes, bikes.

I agree with the points above. Seems like the distinction between BoTM and PoTM is getting blurred and needs to circle back to focus on the bike.

Save the integrity of BoTM.

Hey, there is only one picture so far and one is a lighthearted joke brought in from another thread.
Plenty if comment including mine now.
If that's what people wish to post as their bike nomination so be it. The mods can veto the pictures entry/ the members can just not vote for it.

The one single entry that you think has defined this months complete entries has a closeup shot of the bike and as full bike picture, with some added holiday cheer.

Just wait till all the entries are in and then start commenting on the bikes and BotM. Not just on one single entry.

Given Halloween had plenty of interest thought Christmas would work well. Clearly I was wrong. The 'seasonal' theme was one suggested in the BoTM thread, in future we'll keep things bike related.

Can take a hint, as such the December 2013 contest has been reverted to a 'Normal' one, please see here for entries > viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281046

Some points raised here I might have addressed if I had more motivation. Clearly there is going to be element of having a good photograph in order to get votes so in part it is a photogpraphy contest. Is that not obvious? You could have the sweetest, rarest bike in the world but if you take a photo with your 10 year old phone camera, in the dark with your finger over half the lens you will not win in all probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back