For Sale Airborne Corsair Ti (16") with Pace Proclass II forks and bits

KevG

Retro Newbie
Hi

I'm new around here, but have a lovely frame and fork for sale and this seems the right place for it. (Browsing the forum is making me want to buy more than sell, but I'll keep focused...)

Airborne Corsair Ti frame, 16" from BB centre to top of seat tube; approx 22" top tube C-C. The decals are very scuffed but otherwise very good condition. You'll see on pics that I've run it with a retro-fit disc mount, which I can supply. Not very pretty, but I was impressed with braking performance and stability of it. I've removed it for other pics so you can see the tube and drop out the disc mount was braced to. No visible damage. The mount clamps against the drop out which on this frame is a big thick chunk of titanium, and the tubes are plain gauge, so I don't think there's really any risk there (but I'm no engineer!)

Pace Proclass II RC 36 fork with disc and v-brake mounts, plus lockout. I haven't used the bike properly for a couple of years - last time out the fork was performing fine except that the lockout wasn't very effective. But, there is some oil leakage so it probably needs a strip down and new seals. (Seal kits and/or professional service still seem to be available as far as I can see.) It was supplied with a spare (shorter travel) spring stack and grease gun, both of which I can supply. The shorter spring (80mm travel?) has never been used.

Brakes - if you're going for v-brakes I've some nice Avid Single Digit Ti levers (signs of wear on levers but mechanically seem fine), one matching Avid brake and one LX brake to make up a full set. If you're going disc and need post-mount adapters (160mm), let me know and I can chuck those in.

I can also include a WTB Momentum Grease Guard headset which still seems okay (no guarantees on that), Bontrager 90mm stem, X-lite bars (cut down to 58cm), Hope seat clamp.

For the lot, £250 plus post. (Or collect if you're near south Manchester)

Size and feel - I'm 5'8" and like a small frame. On this set up I used a 400mm seatpost with a bit of layback which put me in a good position for hard pedaling, and then dropping the post right down (manually - obviously!) offered stacks of top tube clearance and great maneuverability. This bike always felt particularly good picking lines though very technical sections on the downhills and nice and quick up them.

Cheers
Kev

PXL_20210818_193316073.jpg

PXL_20210818_193241054.jpg

PXL_20210818_194430192.jpg PXL_20210818_194706014.jpg

PXL_20210818_201327852.jpg

PXL_20210818_201209050.jpg

PXL_20210818_201226241.jpg

Unfortunately its way too small otherwise I'd have ripped his hand off at that kind of money.
Despite the size its just such a good price I am struggling to say no.

Back