Best buy pedals £30 to £50

dyna-ti":2mxn1q9g said:
I have current modern DX
Good shape but the pins wear quickly and even reasonable smooth soles can slip.

DX are ok, better than DMRs for grip but not near nanos or nukeproof. DX are also really heavy aren't they? Not that I am a weight weenie but thought they weighed quite a lot.

coomber":15npertn said:
dyna-ti":15npertn said:
I have current modern DX
Good shape but the pins wear quickly and even reasonable smooth soles can slip.

DX are ok, better than DMRs for grip but not near nanos or nukeproof. DX are also really heavy aren't they? Not that I am a weight weenie but thought they weighed quite a lot.

Had a set of of modern straitline flatties with uber modern DU bushings. They broke. Had a pair of uber modern uber light XTR. They broke too.
I like robust :D

Re:

Xtr I can believe...

Still it's grip on dx pedals that put me off more than grams

Re: Re:

jimo746":1rb85v44 said:
Shimano Saint.

Solid.

Grippy.

If you need more grip just take off the washers from the pins (i run mine with washers, and still plenty grippy enough).

Got mine from Chainreaction (now £35)... http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... -prod82557

What shoes do you use? that can make as much difference as the pedals.
Berghaus Trekking trainers which have a thick tough rubber toes protector at the front(heavy) or asics trainers as there light an sit nice on the peddle unless the pins are wet

Re:

I'm a fairly recent convert to flat pedals, but can say that some decent shoes make a world of difference, something like 5 10's, (I have Teva Links), with the typical "Vans" style waffle sole really grip the pins well.

could not find many i could cope with the look of due to trendy colors
an funky sides but the ones i found that looked ok an grippy
were not in stock in my size i am bit fussy with the looks of shoes though not like a women just dont like to stand out to much :)

EggyBum6969":3h7vbdgk said:
gusset

hows the grip? a few people are saying on crc
the pins are too short :oops: they look long enough
for xc in the pic :)

Dead pleased with mine. Can't really justify upgrading to anything else TBH.....

You've already ordered and ive just seen this but iw ould have thrown my vote for electrons in the ring. Nano's are great also, will never use wellgo or dmr again as I used to.

Can be quite personal though depending on how much your feet arch (if that makes sense)

Back