Beer...

Stella is the main choice, but every now and then Bluebird is the one
89441455_93f69c965b_m.jpg

Chris, you are French aren't you?
I agree that English Stella is vomit in a can, but the real Belgian Stella served in France is an entirely different beer. I saw how our stella is made at Interbrew - it isn't pretty! :(
Not the best beer by any means, but still good surely?

I used to drink stella lot in this country , and now after a pint or a can I just dont feel right .
I used to work in the licensed trade , so had the opportunity to try a lot .

in france I mainly drink Corona , just lov it , too expensive over here . Becks is also gorgeous . I just dont like session lager like carling , fosters etc... too much of a watery taste .

Was in Dry Dock on my ship in Antwerp 2 months back, think I drank a lot of Duvel then, can't really remember!

Lovely Lovely stuff ;)

Scrumpy

I am a cider drinker
I drinks it all of the day
oo arr oo arr ay
oo arr oo arr ay

(Wurzel hymn, related to below song...)

I drove my tractor through your haystack last night, and I got something to say

I got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you the key,
'cos I got 40 acres and you got 43!

So I am asking you my dear, why won't you marry me!

African Beers

Anyone had any African beers: Castle, Tuska, Safari, Ndovu. Jolly nice, but I was there for 4 months and other than dirty pond water it was the only liquid refreshment! I almost drank some carling but chose the pond water.

Can't do posh lager so I stick to carling in the UK unless someone serves san miguel and I will have that.

The posh stuff just gives me really bad wind :oops:

I tend to stick to captain morgan or pussers dark rum in the house tho ;)

If I could just get a Young's Special.... :(

Carlton Draught is my local knock back, otherwise if I can find it, Little Creatures..

If anyone makes it over to Sydney*, or has been here before, great Hotel [aka Pub] in The Rocks called The Lord Nelson. Micro Brewery. Head Banging Brews. All themed around the 1815 Nelson vs. Napolean Bout.. Three Sheets, Victory, Lord Admiral [8%!]..

* On that note, more than welcome to hookup and show you the local trails..

My fridge always has Bud in it (the American stuff, for my sins :oops:), but I'm also a big fan of Leffe, Budvar, Bellevue Kriek, Duvel, that sort of thing...

Went to Reading Beer Festival this year, which was pretty cool - though I was driving, which wasn't! Tried some German/Belgian honey beer which was pretty special...

Back