Battle on the Beach, Pembrey, West Wales

Are just going for sunday?
Any easy way for me to recognise those that are going?
I will most likely wear an RB t-shirt :D and be riding my IO singlespeed :cool:

As usual I will be in retro PACE gear and will be riding a Mountain Cycle San Andreas - don't expect anyone else will be...

My fellow retro biker will be on a modern Zesty

We are just going for the Sunday, as we live only 50 miles away and he has family commitments in the form of children

As there will be 400 riders and lots more spectators there, pm me if you want my phone number :)

Black with cow print socks, and on a zesty. I really should have finished my 1993 Claude Butler I have in the cellar...
Good luck to those entering.

Tbh with crohns, I'm just hoping I can complete it without needing a poo :D

Plenty trees to squat behind :D
I'm hoping to convince my wife to take my son to rugby so i can make an early appearance.
Mind you if France win i might not be capable of an early anything :LOL:

You should get one of those modern saddles with a hole in the middle. If you poo as you ride, you'll improve your power to weight ratio! Not only that, no one will overtake you ;)

Joking apart, the race will be about as long as our usual ride in Brechfa (well it will be for you; I will be MUCH slower!) so you should be fine. Anyway, if you do stop for a pit stop, bet you still beat me! :D

Grannygrinder! Great to see another retro biker at Pembrey today!

We need to meet up for a ride at Brechfa but let my poor old legs recover first... ;)

Here you are flying along!!!!
My god those 2 KMC lads on the cx bikes were quick :shock:

Attachments

• Pete at B on the B.jpg
    Pete at B on the B.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 564
Looked like a brilliant course.
I'm secretly hoping this year was a tester with a view to something in the Mayhem ilk to follow, as that is young master Paige's forte.
A 12 or 24 hour meeting/race round there would be awesome :D

The first one lapped us as we started onto the beach at the beginning of our second lap!

Not sure of their race time but I know the third place guy finished in 1hr 33mins - practically half our race time...

Still, we had bigger smiles, more fun AND the jelly babies! Lol

We thought that a mandatory cake stop at the end of each lap should be implemented without delay!
;)

Latest posts

Back