Battle on the Beach, Pembrey, West Wales

I've entered along with Graham Foot, probably going to go FAT but Retro would be pretty cool too - mtbmatt - how about a retro sub category?

What a result, turns out I'm not working when I thought and can make the race. I've just entered.

Should really get a bike ready or I will have to use the modern!

james1985":15t270xq said:
What a result, turns out I'm not working when I thought and can make the race. I've just entered.

Should really get a bike ready or I will have to use the modern!

DON'T DO IT! It's Retro or bust!

All places now filled! Hell that was quick!

Seems I've been moved into a new class: Grand Veterans!

Is that just a nice way to say 'Old Git'?!

Looks to be very competitive in this class with a number of 'roadies' so they will probably be riding cyclo-cross bikes. Plenty of speed there then... A bit too serious for me...

Oh well, I'm aiming to be the one with the biggest smile on my face - even if I'm last :D

I think/hope my mate Matt at work got an entry :D
I'll probably ride down on the cycleroute from Cefniethin.
If the weather is good it should be a great event, mind you on sand it doesn't matter if it hammers down all day!!!

a mate of mine is doing it, but I think a race on sand and in sand dunes is just asking to destroy your bike.

I did the Weston Beach Race with a sidecar back in the 80s and that was hell for the bearings but OK for everything else. This race is different in that it takes in the military areas too so should be better. The only thing that will get knackered is me!
:?

I'm thinking of using the PACE for the event. Thing is, I've just changed to a small single front chainring...

Full suspension not really required, so San Andreas would be overkill...

Certainly not going to use the road bike...

So PACE it is then...

PACERC250T":yjahib5g said:
All places now filled! Hell that was quick!

Oh well, I'm aiming to be the one with the biggest smile on my face - even if I'm last :D

You wont be last, I'm going! :oops:

Back