Bargain Gumtree Revell

chickendrumsticks

Senior Retro Guru
This was literally 10 minutes from home. I bought it. Who wouldn't, for £50. Sellers pictures here. More to follow. It's has some Madison stuff - saddle and "Red S" brakes. Although not 531 - it's 501 but has forks, stays and butted frame tubes all in 501. Adjustable rear dropouts - may be Campag I guess (hope). Frame is quite battle scarred but I don't plan any major refurb, treat the rust and possible wax.

It's neither a Rapide nor a Romany, which are the models I'm familiar with, but seems to be a good quality, decent road bike.

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 41
  • r2.JPG
    r2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 39
  • r3.JPG
    r3.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 48
  • r4.JPG
    r4.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 48
  • r5.JPG
    r5.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 66
  • r6.JPG
    r6.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 56
  • r7.JPG
    r7.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I like the 501 tubeset I've had a few and they all ride well. Good save :) Edit from memory if it's a Red S chainset, the ones I've had use the TA or Stronglight extractors. You may be lucky and find it's standard.

I like the 501 tubeset I've had a few and they all ride well. Good save :) Edit from memory if it's a Red S chainset, the ones I've had use the TA or Stronglight extractors. You may be lucky and find it's standard.
I was surprised to see the seat post is 27.2, not the 26.8 I expected. Is this usual for 501 I wonder?
And in my haste to snatch it from its owner I neglected to check if stem and seatpost were free... they are!!
I have yet to look at the chainset - I think it's an SR.

Yes, an SR chainset. And my standard(?) extractor fits. Not that I'm planning any great dismantling. Other than removal of bits and bobs to facilitate cleaning and protection. Everything feels buttery smooth and the changers shift very well.

Back