BANG! fud fud fud fud fud fud fud fud fud...

I have had only one serious blow out and that was on a Pirelli and it snapped the alloy wheel :(

I tend to buy a bit cheaper as we are not well off enough to go top range and we have had very little problems with the tyres we buy, in 12 years I've had 2 flats the Pirelli on the Volvo and once on the Rover about 4 years ago as I was avoiding some idiot and hit the curb hard.

Alison

toomanyframes":3rvua36a said:
M1, today, 70 ish.........
1ab0e810648dfefa83ba7ffdec081de6.jpg

Your tyre doesn't appear to have any tread on it.

Most 'blow outs' are caused by under-inflation. If the tyre is under-inflated it causes the carcass of the tyre to flex too much. This allows an excessive build up of heat within the tyre which eventually will delaminate the inner construction of the tyre. The second biggest cause is physical damage to the tyre - kerbing / impact damage which can cause the construction of the inside the tyre to break.

Don't misunderstand,I've nothing against most budget/economy tyres,I've had them on other cars in the past,however,my current car was a bit of a treat to myself and has a fair bit of power,hence wanting to get some decent boots.....here's the best bit,I'd left work early as I'd booked the car in in the morning for the tyre change :facepalm:

Back