Sold 1990 Attitude Dolomite XL

Sundayjumper

Specialized Fan
Reluctant post, but it's a common story: a bike built up to relive a teenage dream, but then you find you're far too scared (and old) to actually use it. I remember seeing one of these at the bike show in London when they first came out, and I was immediately obsessed. Waaaaaay out of my price range at the time though.

Box-fork Attitude, XL, purchased direct from JonRock in Aug 2016 after he'd done a paint refresh. Apparently it's a fairly early frame, based on the gear cable entries being above-centre on the down tube, and the green fade on the forks stopping above the brake bosses. I built it up with a nearly-NOS XT groupset, unworn 231CD rims, and decent but not perfect Smoke/Dart tyres. I have ridden it literally once, up & down the road to check the gears & brakes. It has been hung up in the garage ever since. Fitted with STI shifters at the moment but I've got some separate brake levers & thumbshifters that will be included.

I do not want to post this. Please don't ask. Collection in person from Sandhurst, Berkshire or within reason I'll drive to meet part way. I sometimes travel to Andover and Chichester if that helps, but it's not frequent.

£2500.

Attachments

• attitude.jpg
    attitude.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 133
Reluctant post, but it's a common story: a bike built up to relive a teenage dream, but then you find you're far too scared (and old) to actually use it. I remember seeing one of these at the bike show in London when they first came out, and I was immediately obsessed. Waaaaaay out of my price range at the time though.

Box-fork Attitude, XL, purchased direct from JonRock in Aug 2016 after he'd done a paint refresh. Apparently it's a fairly early frame, based on the gear cable entries being above-centre on the down tube, and the green fade on the forks stopping above the brake bosses. I built it up with a nearly-NOS XT groupset, unworn 231CD rims, and decent but not perfect Smoke/Dart tyres. I have ridden it literally once, up & down the road to check the gears & brakes. It has been hung up in the garage ever since. Fitted with STI shifters at the moment but I've got some separate brake levers & thumbshifters that will be included.

I do not want to post this. Please don't ask. Collection in person from Sandhurst, Berkshire or within reason I'll drive to meet part way. I sometimes travel to Andover and Chichester if that helps, but it's not frequent.

£2500.
splendid machine - is that a bottle of Pimm's used as an impromptu stand ? :)

Some photos taken today...

IMG_1048(1).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1049(1).JPG
    IMG_1049(1).JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1050(1).JPG
    IMG_1050(1).JPG
    481.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    457.7 KB · Views: 21