BANG! fud fud fud fud fud fud fud fud fud...

Lysander":1bjia0lc said:
That's an admirable amount of fud. I'm sure some more of teh MacRETRO will be along soon to join me in a polite snigger....... :p

Chortle.

First thing I thought when I saw the thread title.

Had the same at 100mph in my (now long gone Citroen CX)...heard something but carried on driving at that speed as I thought it was something not to do with me. After a while I thought I had better check. No lhs rear tyre. Suspension corrected itself. Brilliant cars :)

No lhs rear tyre. Suspension corrected itself. Brilliant cars

If it had been something modern and German, a light would have illuminated on the dash with a funny symbol on it. A look through the handbook would reveal that this meant: "take me to an authorized BMW/Audi/Mercedes dealer". You would later discover that no matter what the problem is that causes the light to come on, the minimum charge for making the light go off again is about £500.00.

A similar thing happened to my mate last year, he was doing 90mph in his 2.0 nova GSi, when his offside rear wheel overtook him, he let off and the engine braking kept the car levelled out and he pulled over safely on the hard shoulder!

Had to walk about two miles back in the dark to find his wheel though, his bearing had failed and allowed the full hub assembly to exit the car taking the wheel with it!

M1, today, 70 ish.........
1ab0e810648dfefa83ba7ffdec081de6.jpg

I had one a few years ago in a test car, accelerating out of a corner from 80 odd and one of the rears let go. That was certainly close to a brown trouser moment.

Was back on the track an hour later with new tyres/wheels........

Latest posts

Back