Banana Falcon 501

If there are specific elements you want photographing, just let me know and I'll do it next time I'm over that way. I am in touch with Chris himself, so if you need me to ask a pertinent question I'll happily ask him.

That would be great. Could you photograph the rear brake cable routing along the frame and also some close up shots of the seat cluster/seat post and a photo taken from the front would be fantastic. Also a photo of the 753 tubing decal would be great. I haven't seen the black seatpost before, just wondering is it carbon? it looks good on it.

Cheers

Pat

Greetings!

Lovely bike indeed!

I've got one as well and thinking of upgrading the bike with a more current group set. Would someone be able to advise on the BB config? Does it use the std British configuration? I was thinking of using a Shimano 105 5750 crank. any idea?

Regards
Pal

Re:

Hi,

Thanks, I used a Shimano sealed cartridge unit -BB-UN55 - It was 68 X 110 english thread, that is for a square taper crank.

I weighed my bikes recently and the Falcon is the same weight as my Motorola Merckx - 10.4kgs or 23 lbs. It also rides really well.

Regards,

Pat

Re:

Hello Pat!

So I have been working on my bike. Got some interesting findings! So it turns out the frame is indeed compatibel with the new BB60s which means the newer generation groupsets can be used! Have to modify the brake bridges to accomodate the new brakes. Because I am 180cm and this is a 64cm bike, its far over sized. So I've managed to source for a bull horn handle bar which I mount the reverse angle.

Will post up pictures soon. The frame itself is it relatively good condition, just needs a buff up.

Regards
Pal

Back