Banana Falcon 501

I replaced the bottom bracket with a really cheap shimano sealed bb. The bottle cages are Elite. They are growing on me.

Attachments

• bananaf64.jpg
    bananaf64.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 702
rim decals are from Cyclomondo, I am really impressed with these.
The Team Banana decals are from Wanit.co.uk - nice selection of decals on this website - Greg Lemond, KAS etc.

Attachments

• bananaf65.jpg
    bananaf65.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 702
I used a vinyl spray to get the fade effect on the handlebar tape. It worked out fine. I have saved a couple of searches on ebay for the genuine tape. Most of the stuff that has come up so far is red to white or black to white fade, so I won't hold my breath waiting for yellow to white to come up!

Attachments

• bananaf66.jpg
    bananaf66.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 703
more photos of the handlebars. If anyone has any photos of the team bikes, feel free to post them here. I used an old Winning magazine which had an interview with Chris Walker for reference purposes. I tried to keep it reasonably accurate, however the rims, saddle, and of course the frame (Reynolds 501 v Reynolds 753) would be different. I think on the Reynolds 753 frames the cable routing on the top tube is done internally. It looks really clean. Just wondering has anyone ever seen a Reynolds 531 version of the Team replica?

Attachments

• bananaf67.jpg
    bananaf67.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 691
Thanks, I saw the photo of Chris Walker's bike on your Team Raleigh Banana thread. It was great to actually see another photo of his bike, there is not much on the web. The drop handlebars look really deep.

Yes, I'd love to see that bike in the flesh.

Pat

Back