Baltic Bawbags - Sunday 22nd February

Hi mate
I wouldn't worry about any practice at all :) As you know the macretro's run a pretty casual pace and this ride is traditionally the most casual ride out of them all. A very cool social ride.
Hopefully we will see Gaz this year.

Jamie

Re:

What Jamie said! MacRetro target pace is to try to get above walking pace, rarely succeed though :)

Even for an Australian, I find it very casual :)
Maybe we might pick up the pace slightly and cover more ground. Its hard as it used to the first ride so its very social and chit chatty and it also seems to be the biggest run we have which inherently leads to lots of stopping and waiting. Dont get me wrong as its a ride I look forward to every year, to catch up with everyone, but the 'casualness' if you like has slowly pervaded into a lot of macretro rides.
Are you coming Klaus?

Jamie

Looking forward to this one.
I drove past yesterday on my way home from a week at loch Lomond and most of the snow is gone. Just patchy thinned out stuff higher up. Should be good fun.
Called in and spoke with Brian on the way up the road and he will be there as well.

Jamie

1X1, its a retro design and 1 speed so I am sure it will be allowed.

(he says, deliberately leaving off the question mark)
Jamie

Dirt Wizards are the best thing ever for it. Brilliant tyres that suite the 1X1 perfectly. You can run lower than normal pressure, high volume and still grip with sure footedness.
I really like em, they really do make it a different bike and I loved it before. Though its all in context of course as its a steel singlespeed machine but I love it.

Jamie

Back