Baltic Bawbags - Sunday 22nd February

Re:

I should be able to make this one. Don't have a parts bin special I'm afraid, but I'll ride something retro :D

noted in the diary, hopefully will be able to confirm nearer the time (if we don't burn the grandparent childcare credits during the week)

missed the spares bin challenge... not had any fettling time recent other than essential maintenance, would love to get the SS Avalanche together, but reckon it'll be the klein pulse or the karakoram (or perhaps the zaskar which is current buried somewhere at the back of the shed :evil: need more SPACE!!)

I'll see how my backs doing , was out last Saturday with my daughter
15 miles , near bloody killed me
Not built anything yet either , might just bring some retro full suss thing
Proflex ,amp, trek or similar

Happy new year
Mike

Re:

Diarised so long as nothing else crops up :D

No Parts Bin Special from me - probably just a bike that looks like one :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Just over 3 weeks to this ride, where exactly is it? as the Rides Calender just states "Dunkeld" :?

jimo746, I am assuming its at the usual forestry carpark just out of Dunkeld. If there isn't a map attached I'm sure the ken or someone will stick one up. It has changed location once or twice in the past due to weather conditions but its always been a good event, one of the better attended ones at that.
Have a look at one of the past years links and that should have the map, its very easy to find.
See you there
Jamie

Depends on the weather Jim. TK has a traditional route that is normally used but I was also lobbying for a visit to the dark side of the A9 for a change. Weather and snow levels change pretty quickly at this time of year, so all depends on that nearer the time.
My strava from last year.

https://www.strava.com/activities/112224735

We did hold it down at Pitlochry one year. We crossed the river several times and then went underneath the motorway back up into the hills and then a brilliant but freezing cold run down to town through a golf course. Or maybe I am imagining some of that :) Anyway it was a good ride but the original place just outside Dunkeld and up into the hills past the little lochs is still my favourite. The route we did last year was one of the best I think, though OCP might not think so.
Its funny that originally it signalled one of the first rides of the year but these days most of us have a good few rides under our belts already. For myself I have been pretty active this winter on the 1X1 and Fatbike and like Kaiser have the Puffer ridden and dusted just a couple of weeks ago.
Its a good one for you Clubby to get a ride off road but easy enough to not risk any damage to the shoulder.

Jamie

Re:

Thanks chaps :D I'll have a look at past Bawbags. Not done a ride in 2 months so will be getting some practice in during the next few weeks.

Back