Ballistic X-ocet

jonb

Retro Newbie
Hi there,
I'm helping a young lad in the village restore a Ballistic x-ocet full sus mountainbike - I'd never heard of it and a quick google led me here - hope someone may be able to help. The rear shock needs rebushing (or may be replaced) - it's a Shockworks item. There is also a lot of play in the rear subframe pivot. Can anyone tell me if these items are generic or specific to the make and model please? and point me in the right direction for replacements?

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

The only thing I can remember about ballistic is that they made lower end suspension forks. With a curved brake booster that said ballistic on it. I think I do recall a frame, polished if I remember right..

Edit.
Is this one...?

1999-2.jpg

No, that's not it, but thanks for your reply. The frame is more 'old school' with round frame tubes. It's painted metallic blue with yellow 'Ballistic' lettering, which looks original. Forks have been upgraded, so can't comment on that, but it's been built up with some fairly decent kit.

Cheers

Jon

I think these thrames were of the URT design where the cranks were attached to the swingarm.
You'll struggle to find bushings for the swingarm, an engineering company should be able to machine some for you though (nylon 66 is probably the material to use...) The rear shock will likely use standard eyelet bushings which are normally 1/2" but some can be 13mm (Manitou & some Rock Shox).

Back