Attics

On a distinctly Salopian note, that first pic reminds me of a bigger version of the upstairs showroom in the old Stan Jones shop (near Rowley's House Museum) for some reason!

David

David B":21slpaa0 said:

On a distinctly Salopian note, that first pic reminds me of a bigger version of the upstairs showroom in the old Stan Jones shop (near Rowley's House Museum) for some reason!

David

Hi David,

You may know Stan Jones now have a 'new' shop by English Bridge run by his son. The old shop is still empty, I often wonder what got left behind there seems to be a few old posters. There was a few decades of history stored in that shop.

Once you get big collections like that it's probably good idea to document it all for people who don't know bikes. Put a mention in the will that you'd like it all to go to a good home, ebay, wherever, just that it's worth a lot of money and is not for the bin.

That's why I'm struggling finding my perfect classic - they're all in your attics!

Come on - dust me a Colnago down and get in touch :)

Robbied196":36pdo509 said:
David B":36pdo509 said:

David

Hi David,

You may know Stan Jones now have a 'new' shop by English Bridge run by his son. The old shop is still empty, I often wonder what got left behind there seems to be a few old posters. There was a few decades of history stored in that shop.

Yup, I've visited the new shop a couple of times now - they have a very nice titanium Enigma with Athena parts in there which still hasn't sold AFAIK. Way beyond my pocket though! The new premises is huge - presumably going in for serious head-to-head competition with Dave Mellor?

David

Back