Attics

Steven,

I think that the purpose that the item was built for has a part to play. A figurine is for looking at (normally), bikes should be for riding unless you can justify not riding them - like me!! No time etc etc Hoarding is a rude way of saying collecting - my mantra. LOL

I am glad that my wife thinks bikes are boring - some pics here show too much!

Richard

Re: Re:

bonzoxedge":18twra91 said:
Sorry, but I'm not riding my Merckx "De Rosa" with Campa 50th groupset when I have 15 others. Some bikes need to be preserved over time for generations to come.

who will do what with them..?
hang them in the attic....... :facepalm:

i appreciate if they have an historical value - perhaps then in a transport museum

been this route myself with 'collectable' air-rifles
then sold them ALL to people who are using them
and enjoying them

The point is that more bikes gives you more options... dry day bike, wet day bike, windy day bike, calm day bike, sunny day bike, cloudy day bike, foggy day bike, clear day bike etc etc

And that still leaves room for bikes to suit the terrain - flat road bike, hilly road bike, mountain road bike, rough road bike, twisty road bike, straight road bike, town bike, country bike etc etc

And that leaves room for bikes for specific purposes - road race bike, tt bike, triathlon bike, lo-pro bike, touring bike, mtb, bmx etc etc

And that leaves room for all of the above in their historical formats, 70's formats, 80's formats, 90's formats and present day formats.

Try explaining all that to my wife!

Have fun,

Richard

Back