Are there any art collectors here?

We've had a bit of an art buying frenzy in the last 12months or so, using money received as a wedding gift mostly. Thankfully we've run out of wall space now!
Have some works buy Dan Pearce, Martin Koster, Stephen Graham and a few others.
I'll upload some pics when I get chance.

Last edited:
I've got a some bits which i've collected over the last 30yrs

Most of what i've bought reflects the city where i live.. first up is Phlegm

Fight or Flight which i float mounted in a jelutong box frame

fullsizeoutput_1dc0.jpeg

IMG_6625.JPG

Phlegm's Luxuria.. homage to Pieter Bruegel.. they were sold via KBR in Belgium.. luckily my sis in law lives in Antwerp so she kindly went down there on the train to pick one up for me..

fullsizeoutput_2b1a.jpeg

Next to Luxuria is the print i bought from the opening night of his Mausoleum of the Giants exhibition.. i mounted them both in oak frames
IMG_0713.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1fb7.jpeg

Next up is Customary Hats
fullsizeoutput_2c68.jpeg

.. it's hard to photograph any detail behind glass but here's a close up..
fullsizeoutput_2c5e.jpeg

Next up Mandy Payne.. Mandy lives just up the road from me so i've seen most of her work first hand

'Everything of Value Has Been Removed' from her early Park Hill collection.. Alexei Sayle also owns a painting from this collection

fullsizeoutput_2b0f.jpeg

..it's recently been on loan to the 'Where we Live' exhibition at millenium galleries
IMG_0122.JPG

..next is The Extraordinariness of Ordinariness
fullsizeoutput_2ee4.jpeg

..from her series of concrete paintings.. she paints on slabs of concrete which she casts into a mould so it's heavy!
I've mounted it in a frame so you can see the edges of the concrete slab.. Andy McCluskey from OMD owns one of these concrete pieces.
IMG_1795.JPG

..it's what ramains of La Ronde
gettyimages-1262959073-1024x1024.jpg

I've got a few more.. her very first work on concrete and another 2 smaller Park Hill pieces which i'll have back here in April

I'll post some more up later..

Next up Mandy Payne.. Mandy lives just up the road from me so i've seen most of her work first hand

'Everything of Value Has Been Removed' from her early Park Hill collection.. Alexei Sayle also owns a painting from this collection

View attachment 707246

..it's recently been on loan to the 'Where we Live' exhibition at millenium galleries
View attachment 707251

..next is The Extraordinariness of Ordinariness
View attachment 707248

..from her series of concrete paintings.. she paints on slabs of concrete which she casts into a mould so it's heavy!
I've mounted it in a frame so you can see the edges of the concrete slab.. Andy McCluskey from OMD owns one of these concrete pieces.
View attachment 707249

..it's what ramains of La Ronde
View attachment 707247

I've got a few more.. her very first work on concrete and another 2 smaller Park Hill pieces which i'll have back here in April

I'll post some more up later..
Fascinating, look forward to seeing the others.

Fascinating, look forward to seeing the others.

They're currently being exhibited at Lakeside Arts Center in Nottingham until the end of April.. i can keep you entertained with some other artsy bots n' bobs though..

Some geometric origami made by a local artist
fullsizeoutput_1eb9.jpeg

...he was struggling with his sight, couldn't paint so made origami instead
fullsizeoutput_1ebc.jpeg

..i couldn't decide which side i preferred so i mounted it in a double glassed mahogany box frame so i can turn it around when i get bored
fullsizeoutput_1f8c.jpeg

Kid Acne past-up from his 'stabby woman' series.. it's on metal panel.. i 'harvested' it from a building near work which was going to be demolished and framed it up in Scandi-ply
fullsizeoutput_2ecc.jpeg

My wife's 'Bathroom Mirror' by Anita Klein 2005.. this used to live in the bathroom in our old house.. i mounted it in a maple frame inside a double glazed unit which i made to protect it from the moisture.. our current bathroom is tiny so it's on the landing next to the Sheila Maid
fullsizeoutput_2c16.jpeg

Bite's Tru 3D from 2003.. he was meant to colour this for me but he never got around to it..
fullsizeoutput_2b20.jpeg

Such canvas from the mid-90s
fullsizeoutput_2aee.jpeg

Michael Latimer.. he's been doodling little monsters for as long as i've known him
fullsizeoutput_2c1b.jpeg

My wife's Purple Rain by Scott C
fullsizeoutput_2b1c.jpeg

Keeping the door open with Frida Kahlo
fullsizeoutput_2888.jpeg

..i've got more! 😁

Back